Thread: First 4 Games

Legend

User Info Menu

First 4 Games

In the last 10 seasons, the lowest average pt total for the first 4 games was 86.3 in 2017. I'll go out on a limb and predict this season will break that record. Offenses will just be so out of sync from lack of practice it will be tough scoring many points early on.

My prediction: 83.5 average pts

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Early season low scoring woez are a tomlin and steelers offense trademark. Yup. I concur with this post.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looking at the last 10 years, the average scoring for the season has been between 21.7 - 23.4pts / game.

You're predicting 20.9 pts / game.

That's between .8 and 2.5 pts / game below the lowest and highest average over the last 10 years.

It's .7 pts / game lower than the lowest number.

So I'll predict 24.1 pts / game or 96.4 pts over the first 4 games to go .7 higher than the highest average.

I think it's a passing league and will take defenses longer to catch up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Looking at the last 10 years, the average scoring for the season has been between 21.7 - 23.4pts / game.

You're predicting 20.9 pts / game.

That's between .8 and 2.5 pts / game below the lowest and highest average over the last 10 years.

It's .7 pts / game lower than the lowest number.

So I'll predict 24.1 pts / game or 96.4 pts over the first 4 games to go .7 higher than the highest average.

I think it's a passing league and will take defenses longer to catch up.
    Pretty bold flippy. I don't think think the defenses will collapse the way offenses will but we'll see.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Will depend on what BR shows up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Clarification: the original point and the numbers I posted were scoring for the entire league, not just the Steelers.

It's pretty much a given the Steelers will start slow, but I think league-wide there will be some pretty pathetic games early on.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 07-26-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There's a part of me that looks forward to seeing teams learning more on the fly during the season. They'll have to start with a simple offense/playbook. The first 4 games will be pre-season but with starters.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think veteran qbs who have their veteran wide receivers have a clear early advantage. Like Rogers and Devonta Adams for example. I think theyll pop right out the gate and defenses take time to sync up as a unit.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70s...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

We will exceed 100 points in the first four games...bunch of "negative nellies"

Defense will be just as out of sync and I bet the refs and the NFL know they need to ramp up excitement....aka points. Expect lots of PI calls