Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Steelers use cardboard fans?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Will Steelers use cardboard fans?

I watched the Dodger game last night and the cardboard cutout fans were creepy. They even had a security guard - a real person - stand there and keep an eye on them. It really reminded me of a sci-fi movie. Do you think we'll see cardboard people at Heinz Field? Where will they get their tickets from?

Screw that, they should be using androids.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

I watched the Dodger game last night and the cardboard cutout fans were creepy. They even had a security guard - a real person - stand there and keep an eye on them. It really reminded me of a sci-fi movie. Do you think we'll see cardboard people at Heinz Field? Where will they get their tickets from?

Screw that, they should be using androids.
    That is just weird!

I saw that Fox is looking at digitally adding in a crowd. That makes much more sense than cardboard. LOL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    That is just weird!

I saw that Fox is looking at digitally adding in a crowd. That makes much more sense than cardboard. LOL.
    They should digitally ad fans from the 1920s. One where the fans are all in suits and golf clapping for everything.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think they should broadcast people from their homes with audio to add to the stadium noise!!!

And like wise, the video of the game should be streamed to that person from that seat like in virtual rality POV.

of couse this would be at cost, like a season ticket package...

Other option I thought of is have Steeler or Pittsbugh greats in the stands...

But non of this might not work with Pittsbugh weather!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I think they should broadcast people from their homes with audio to add to the stadium noise!!!

And like wise, the video of the game should be streamed to that person from that seat like in virtual rality POV.

of couse this would be at cost, like a season ticket package...

Other option I thought of is have Steeler or Pittsbugh greats in the stands...

But non of this might not work with Pittsbugh weather!
    On second thought, I can just imagine how ugly the crowd might be...

hung over, in their underwear, picking nose, sctraching nuts, and i can just imagine even worst....
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't see the cardboard cut outs working for an NFL game, the crowd isn't really part of the in game t.v. presentation, you don't really see the crowd except on long passes, kickoffs, and punts and they are just a blur. With baseball because of the behind the mound camera that portion of the crowd is constantly on your t.v. screen.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    That is just weird!

None of it makes sense to me. We all know no one is there, why try to pretend as if fans are there? Who does that help? It's just stupid. "Oh, boo whoooo, it feels different with games being played in empty stadiums." It is what it is. Trying to fake it is weirder than just having empty stadiums. I don't need fake crap to make me feel better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Baseball is a great summer past time. I enjoy watching games on TV. And an occasional Mariners games in person. I have zero desire to watch a baseball game on TV without fans. Just not gonna happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    None of it makes sense to me. We all know no one is there, why try to pretend as if fans are there? Who does that help? It's just stupid. "Oh, boo whoooo, it feels different with games being played in empty stadiums." It is what it is. Trying to fake it is weirder than just having empty stadiums. I don't need fake crap to make me feel better.
    Any performance without fans is just weird. I don't think it plays well for sports, comedy, or any live performances. Just go watch a sitcom without a laugh track.

Looks like the baseball games are pumping in some fake crowd noise tracks at least , but this stuff is still weird to watch.

But at least it feels right with the Pirates starting out the season losing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don’t watch games to see the fans.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?