Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AB retired for real?

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully he never sniffs the HoF because of the his recent behavior and villainy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hopefully he never sniffs the HoF because of the his recent behavior and villainy
    Without a redemption story and playing again, I canít imagine that happening.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Without a redemption story and playing again, I can’t imagine that happening.
    not sure about that. Dude was an absolute beast on the field. I think that’s all that will matter once he’s truly done with football.

Also doubt he is retiring.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

AB said he's "done it all in football." Where's your ring a hole? Did you forget about the most significant accomplishment? Such a dumb douchebag.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Without a redemption story and playing again, I can’t imagine that happening.
    By the way, if Drew Rosen-rat drops you, you should probably re-evaluate your actions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hines has better stats, 2 rings...And a not even close better teammate and human being,and he isn't in...If you think he's getting in, with all the **** he did, you're crazy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just last week, he was planning on playing.

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1282852215082950656

And now he's walking away because God's mission is complete. And he's done everything someone can do in the game. (Except win a SuperBowl, Be an MVP, etc.)
    Yep... he's done everything.... disrepected a highly regarded franchise and owner, trashed a HOF QB, ripped on teammates who voted he wasn't the best on the team, disrepected a highly regarded HC.... quite the accomplishments in such a short career.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Hines has better stats, 2 rings...And a not even close better teammate and human being,and he isn't in...If you think he's getting in, with all the **** he did, you're crazy
    You know I'm no AB fan. I was critical of him LONG before it was cool. Never wanted to pay him his last deal right in the middle of his best seasons. All documented in the history here.
    And I like Ward MUCH MORE as a human being.

That said, I think Dizz is spot on.

Hall of fame is about elite play on the field. PERIOD.

Ward was not considered the NFLs best receiver for even a single day of his life.
    Brown was arguably the best receiver in the NFL of his era, for the better part of a decade.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-21-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

there are many in the HOF with questionable actions/character/decisions off the field. Let's be honest, most here think Ben's career is HOF worthy - even with his off the field antics.

so I don't think it's a stretch to see AB there someday.

It's also possible his 'redemption' is a diagnosis of some real damage from the hits he took over the years. It's not uncommon to be a spoiled diva alongside being an unbelievable player. he was certainly both.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!