Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skins a mess

Starter

User Info Menu

Skins a mess

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/7/16/...der-in-trouble

If only the racist nickname was the extent of their worries. At least we never had a scandal as bad as this one appears right now. Drugs, nude cheerleaders, and it may lead all the way up to Danny boy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

If only the racist nickname was the extent of their worries. At least we never had a scandal as bad as this one appears right now. Drugs, nude cheerleaders, and it may lead all the way up to Danny boy.

Sounds like they got stuck in the 70s!

Reminds me of my favorite football movie, "North Dallas 40"
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Just as an fyi, read the background on the Redskins name. Washington worked with a committee and leader of a Native American tribe and received their approval to use the name. Another case of trying to rewrite history.

OT; D Snyder was, is, and will always be a turd. But those that think the NFL will kick him out are dreaming. If they couldn't manage to vote Kraft out for his shenanigans, they won't do anything to Snyder (except maybe slap on the wrist fine).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Just as an fyi, read the background on the Redskins name. Washington worked with a committee and leader of a Native American tribe and received their approval to use the name. Another case of trying to rewrite history.

OT; D Snyder was, is, and will always be a turd. But those that think the NFL will kick him out are dreaming. If they couldn't manage to vote Kraft out for his shenanigans, they won't do anything to Snyder (except maybe slap on the wrist fine).
    "A" leader of ONE tribe said OK to a clearly racist slur against ALL tribes?
    That makes it cool? Yeah right.

This aint exactly the Seminole nation saying its OK to use their actual name.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Washington didn't do anything regarding the name Redskins, the name change was done by George Preston Marshall in 1933. Marshall owned the Boston Braves and changed the name to the Boston Redskins, later he moved the team from Boston to Washington, giving you the Washington Redskins. Marshall also was a blatant racist and a proponent of segregation.

Kraft was visiting a prostitute on his own time, while Snyder was running a corporate culture filled with harassment and discrimination.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post

Kraft was visiting a prostitute on his own time, while Snyder was running a corporate culture filled with harassment and discrimination.
    Hasn't been proven Snyder committed a crime. What Kraft did was illegal.

Starter

User Info Menu

Was he found guilty in court by a jury of his peers? Then how can you claim anything if no due process was used?

Legend

User Info Menu

Was he found guilty in court by a jury of his peers? Then how can you claim anything if no due process was used?
    Nope. Just have it on video, that's all. Amazing what money can do for a defense, arguing they video'd too many people in the surveillance. Meanwhile, there are street cams at just about every intersection in the city and they use these to prosecute cases. No proof the judge was on the take, but it wouldn't be a stretch.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It doesn't really matter, I don't think Kraft visiting a prostitute was a big problem for the NFL because most people don't really care and even though it is illegal the impact on the league was zero. Snyder on the other hand is running a team with a racial slur for a name that has a culture of discrimination and harassment, this is a huge problem for the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

This could be the beginning of the end for the NFL. Not hard to predict anyone with a grievance of some type will use their player celebrity to get attention, leading to further disenfranchising their fan base. I love the game of football. But if I have to listen to the non-football issues of player or team X or Y during every game, that will be the end for me. I'll go back to college ball:
    ....In part, it’s because football itself has become more politicized in the last few years. Today, more than ever, the National Football League is a place to discuss social and political issues—from race to sexuality to organized labor to public health. The league, the teams, and the players have all been at the center of a number of moral and ethical controversies; the Redskins’ name is just one of them.