Thread: Is Bud a DE?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Didn't get the deal done with Bud.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Didn't get the deal done with Bud.
    I'm pleased about it. Once he lands big deal, he will turn into Gildon after his big deal. Now, he has to keep up the effort to land his next deal. Bud played uninspired his 1st 3 seasons. He hustled just 1 season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I'm pleased about it. Once he lands big deal, he will turn into Gildon after his big deal. Now, he has to keep up the effort to land his next deal. Bud played uninspired his 1st 3 seasons. He hustled just 1 season.
    I don't know that he wasn't "hustling" his first 3 seasons, but his game sure turned a corner in his contract year. One very good year out of 5 was not enough to justify a long-term, big-money deal. Like you, I hope we get a good season out of him this year. If we have a season this year.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I don't know that he wasn't "hustling" his first 3 seasons, but his game sure turned a corner in his contract year. One very good year out of 5 was not enough to justify a long-term, big-money deal. Like you, I hope we get a good season out of him this year. If we have a season this year.
    What I saw the 1st few years was Bud rushing up the field like crazy, only to blow right by the QB causing almost no pressure. He WAS moving fast, but fast right by the QB who barely even had to step up in the pocket. Last year he finally was able to "bend" towards the QB instead of blowing by him. Now why it took 4 years to make that adjustment is beyond me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    What I saw the 1st few years was Bud rushing up the field like crazy, only to blow right by the QB causing almost no pressure. He WAS moving fast, but fast right by the QB who barely even had to step up in the pocket. Last year he finally was able to "bend" towards the QB instead of blowing by him. Now why it took 4 years to make that adjustment is beyond me.
    Lazyman's approach to rushing a QB.... "But coach, did you see me rocket off the line at the snap??.... almost a huge sack... I know he could feel me comin...".

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Lazyman's approach to rushing a QB.... "But coach, did you see me rocket off the line at the snap??.... almost a huge sack... I know he could feel me comin...".
    Yea, as the QB casually takes one step up and Bud flies by, having no effect. At least he redirected some last season.