Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "Black national anthem" to be played week 1

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    That's a good point.

Just before the pandemic, I took my daughter to a volleyball tournament. At the same time, there was a gun rally going on in the city. It was a shocking, eerie, surreal feeling, seeing guys EVERYWHERE with rifles hanging from their necks, walking all over the city. It was like something out of a bad movie. Everyone in our group was completely unnerved and didn't want to go anywhere. But there was no national outrage over this kind of demonstration.

I have to admit that when Kap first knelt for the Anthem, I though it was in poor taste and the wrong place/time to try to send a message. I have a different perspective on kneeling now. I still think the way he went about it, initially caused more grief than good. But he did get people talking. And if the right reasons are in his heart, I can't fault him for doing what he thought was his best chance at making a difference.
    People don't understand what a 'protest" is. A protest is SUPPOSE to be at the wrong time. It's to cause you to stop and take notice. There is never a RIGHT TIME (per say) for a protest. It's suppose to inconvenience you to the point of saying , " what is this all about?" That is the goal. So kneeling at the anthem was "the right time".
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    People don't understand what a 'protest" is. A protest is SUPPOSE to be at the wrong time. It's to cause you to stop and take notice. There is never a RIGHT TIME (per say) for a protest. It's suppose to inconvenience you to the point of saying , " what is this all about?" That is the goal. So kneeling at the anthem was "the right time".
    nah, we are supposed to schedule it and make sure people have enough time to change their plans and avoid it for it truly work.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah, we are supposed to schedule it and make sure people have enough time to change their plans and avoid it for it truly work.
    hahahahahaaha.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

BINGO. If protests were at convenient times and places they would not be protests.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't care about the time of a protest but there should be limits on the place of one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I don't care about the time of a protest but there should be limits on the place of one.
    That’s not how it works.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There are limits, you can't protest on privately owned property.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    There are limits, you can't protest on privately owned property.
    Right.

Hopefully the courts don't fail to uphold those limits.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just did a protest in my house as not to upset anybody.

The powers that be are surely going to hear me now!!!

I await the throngs of people inspired to join the movement!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

What is this "kneeling" you speak of? I've never heard of it.

Who did it? What was the dudes point? I just don't know.

Let me do some research.......

What, Colin Kapernick? The Niner QB?
    Article says it was 4 years ago? I vaguely remember it must have been a fail.....But in his defense nobody would expect people to still be talking about it 4 years later.