Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: *'s Sign Cam Newton

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    low risk exercise for the pats. will be interesting to see if BB just 'punked' the rest of the league again or if the 30 teams who took a pass on cam (I heard the stains were interested) were correct.
    I can’t fault most teams who have a starting QB they believe can win now.

But I definitely think it’s odd someone like Cam was on the block this long.

I think Chicago jumped the gun with Nick Foles. He isn’t the answer and they should’ve signed Cam instead.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

I think Chicago jumped the gun with Nick Foles. He isn’t the answer and they should’ve signed Cam instead.
    Cam is an interesting case. On paper, he's better than Foles. Amazing talent. But Cam's attitude holds him back. Contrasts how the two QB's performed in a Super Bowl. Cam is very much a "Me" guy, and when things don't go his way, he starts falling apart. Foles seems to get his teammates to rally around him.

I'm not sure that Cam was Chicago's answer either. And my dislike for the cheating Patriots* hopes that he's not their answer as well.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Cam is an interesting case. On paper, he's better than Foles. Amazing talent. But Cam's attitude holds him back. Contrasts how the two QB's performed in a Super Bowl. Cam is very much a "Me" guy, and when things don't go his way, he starts falling apart. Foles seems to get his teammates to rally around him.

I'm not sure that Cam was Chicago's answer either. And my dislike for the cheating Patriots* hopes that he's not their answer as well.
    I wouldn’t say Cam is a me first guy on the field. I think he just got the fight beat out of him by that Denver D. They abused him and also got away with a few helmet to helmet hits.

Foles played out if his mind in that SB run but since then he has been the normal Foles we all know and don’t love.

Cant take it away from him tho, he earned that ring but I don’t think he is going to be anything special as a full time QB.

Reminds me of the fat by at Ohio State who won a championship in college. He was a beast when needed in the college playoffs but he hasn’t been able to do anything in the pros.

If Cam is healthy he is going to ball out in NE unfortunately.

Starter

User Info Menu

The Bears have screwed the pooch on QB decisions for how long? Of course they blew it by signing Foles....but more so with moving up in the draft and then taking Trubisky. Not only did they pay dearly to move up, but then they used all those resources to take a horrible player. They could have drafter Mahomes, Watson or McCaffrey. I have some Bear fan friends, they are nearly apathetic at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is this going to be a new trend listening to the media whine about poor out-of-work NFL QBs every season? What about Manning, McCown, and Bortles?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am shocked he didn't draw more interest. I have never doubted there is much 'behind the scenes' info in the NFL that never makes it to the public, but for the life of me - even hobbled and beat up, he is a better QB than many others signed to far more money. It makes you wonder what information those teams had we lowly fans don't know about. I've thought his post-game interviews (and outfits) were odd and perhaps more indicative of a diva - but there have been colorful players before him that didn't seem to scare anyone (if that was even a factor). but like you said, just odd.

my quandary is I like to see players get second chances and succeed - but not at new england.......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    The Bears have screwed the pooch on QB decisions for how long? Of course they blew it by signing Foles....but more so with moving up in the draft and then taking Trubisky. Not only did they pay dearly to move up, but then they used all those resources to take a horrible player. They could have drafter Mahomes, Watson or McCaffrey. I have some Bear fan friends, they are nearly apathetic at this point.
    The bears are pathetic. As someone who watched a few more UNC games than I would like to admit due to living in NC.. Trubisky was nothing special.

Bears front office is stuck in the 90’s. Maybe it’s because they got Kordell and it didn’t work out but I don’t see how anyone in that office drafts Trubisky and keeps their job. No one had him on their board and they gave away a ton to move up and get trash.

It’s like they just looked at his measurables and none of his game film. He started one year and was nothing special.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

my quandary is I like to see players get second chances and succeed - but not at new england.......
    I agree.

I'd love to see the guy have a resurgent career. He can be very fun to watch - minus the Superman act. But I just can't root for anything positive to happen for the cheaters.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Is this going to be a new trend listening to the media whine about poor out-of-work NFL QBs every season? What about Manning, McCown, and Bortles?
    only if you listen to it. Pretty sure this is done every year.

Eli hasn’t retired yet? He should.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am shocked he didn't draw more interest. I have never doubted there is much 'behind the scenes' info in the NFL that never makes it to the public, but for the life of me - even hobbled and beat up, he is a better QB than many others signed to far more money. It makes you wonder what information those teams had we lowly fans don't know about. I've thought his post-game interviews (and outfits) were odd and perhaps more indicative of a diva - but there have been colorful players before him that didn't seem to scare anyone (if that was even a factor). but like you said, just odd.

I think it was a fear of his health and not being able to see workouts due to covid.

also think he wanted to start and teams aren’t going to make that move if they invested in a QB already. If Cam comes in and is still injured then you have a QB sitting behind him who is furious at the FO for being pushed aside.

Not sure what the deal was with Cam behind the scenes and he does rub people the wrong way at times. However, talent is still thru the roof when healthy. Just goes to show you some teams don’t value winning as much as we think.. or they want to win their way and won’t admit they picked the wrong QB’s.