Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *'s Sign Cam Newton

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    And..notice how the lube job incident for Bob Kraft has mysteriously faded away? This league is sickening. There is no real law or standards. They tell the players their are laws and standards but owners can obviously do whatever they want to do and as long as they can buy their way out of it, then that's fine.
    The golden rule: he who has the gold makes the rules. From the moment I heard the Kraft story I said the video will never see the light of day. Surprise, surprise.
    Last edited by whisper; 06-29-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    The golden rule: he who has the gold makes the rules. From the moment I heard the Kraft story I said the video will never see the light of day. Surprise, surprise.
    the owner “own” the league. Goodwill works for them.

I think this I where a lot of people forget it isn’t Goodells league. He is just the face of the owners.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    the owner “own” the league. Goodwill works for them.

I think this I where a lot of people forget it isn’t Goodells league. He is just the face of the owners.
    true.......
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    And..notice how the lube job incident for Bob Kraft has mysteriously faded away? This league is sickening. There is no real law or standards. They tell the players their are laws and standards but owners can obviously do whatever they want to do and as long as they can buy their way out of it, then that's fine.
    This is a good point.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Starter

User Info Menu

Do you think this signing means Pats will grab a playoff spot, leaving one less for Pgh to get?

KC
    Balt
    Bills
    TN
    NE.......Browns, Vegas, Broncos...?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Do you think this signing means Pats will grab a playoff spot, leaving one less for Pgh to get?

KC
    Balt
    Bills
    TN
    NE.......Browns, Vegas, Broncos...?
    I was already counting on NE to get one of the slots because of their D. As much credit as people have wanted to give Brady, NE success has always been built on Billy B's D.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I was already counting on NE to get one of the slots because of their D. As much credit as people have wanted to give Brady, NE success has always been built on Billy B's D.
    But how many games did Tom win late in the 4th or OT? D was a big part, but TB was a huge factor. The D wasn't the prime reason for a W vs. ATL in the SB a few years ago, down 28-3.

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't checked their stats but seems to me NE defense benefitted from weak opponents last season. Dunno.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes. Their D was very usually stout and forced turnovers and FG’s but the second half of last year they stunk.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

low risk exercise for the pats. will be interesting to see if BB just 'punked' the rest of the league again or if the 30 teams who took a pass on cam (I heard the stains were interested) were correct.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!