Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Conner and Bell Seen Together

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Conner and Bell Seen Together

    Both RBs looking for some redemption this season:

    Video: Le’Veon Bell works out with former Steelers teammate James Connerby Marty FennJune 25, 2020James Conner, Le'Veon Bell, Jets
    New York Jets running back Le’Veon Bell and James Conner were once members of the same backfield with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The former teammates appear to be helping one another prepare for the 2020 season.

    Bell posted a video clip of himself and Conner going through strength and agility drills on Wednesday.


    Before eventually joining the Jets, Bell emerged as one of the best running backs in the league in Pittsburgh. The former second-round pick was named first-team All-Pro in 2014 and 2017, also making three Pro Bowls in four seasons.

    But Bell’s holdout ahead of the 2018 season allowed Conner to flourish. The former Pitt star gained 1,470 yards from scrimmage and scored 13 total touchdowns while being named to the Pro Bowl, essentially convincing the Steelers to let Bell walk and sign with the Jets the following summer.

    Both players are looking to rebound in 2020. Bell struggled behind an inept offensive line, while Conner dealt with a myriad of injuries.

    They might play for opposing teams, but both Bell and Conner are intent on helping each other rejoin the ranks of the elite running backs this year, which could help both the Jets and Steelers.

    https://clutchpoints.com/jets-video-...-james-conner/

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Maybe Conner will be replacing Bell in Ny next year after the Jets cut him...LOL
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  3. #3
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Meaningless.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Bell's done...DONE! You heard it hear...To many carries, and his proverbial " wheels fell off "

  5. #5
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Bell's done...DONE! You heard it hear...To many carries, and his proverbial " wheels fell off "
    I'm not sure, but he's definitely a candidate for "wheels fell off" possibility. But I won't judge it after 1 year of crap OL play, virtually no passing attack to support him and being on a team that hasn't been better than rubbish for how long? Did we really lose to them last season?

    Was Bell THAT wrong about wanting to land a big deal before Tomlin ran his wheels off? I don't like how he went about it, but he wasn't 100% wrong.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Le'veon Bell is a beast.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Both RBs looking for some redemption this season:

    Video: Le’Veon Bell works out with former Steelers teammate James Connerby Marty FennJune 25, 2020James Conner, Le'Veon Bell, Jets
    New York Jets running back Le’Veon Bell and James Conner were once members of the same backfield with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The former teammates appear to be helping one another prepare for the 2020 season.

    Bell posted a video clip of himself and Conner going through strength and agility drills on Wednesday.


    Before eventually joining the Jets, Bell emerged as one of the best running backs in the league in Pittsburgh. The former second-round pick was named first-team All-Pro in 2014 and 2017, also making three Pro Bowls in four seasons.

    But Bell’s holdout ahead of the 2018 season allowed Conner to flourish. The former Pitt star gained 1,470 yards from scrimmage and scored 13 total touchdowns while being named to the Pro Bowl, essentially convincing the Steelers to let Bell walk and sign with the Jets the following summer.

    Both players are looking to rebound in 2020. Bell struggled behind an inept offensive line, while Conner dealt with a myriad of injuries.

    They might play for opposing teams, but both Bell and Conner are intent on helping each other rejoin the ranks of the elite running backs this year, which could help both the Jets and Steelers.

    https://clutchpoints.com/jets-video-...-james-conner/
    umm, convincing the Steelers to let Bell walk?

    That’s not how things went down but whatever.

    I’m just happy to see Conner working on his footwork. I think that’s his biggest weakness besides injury.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?


  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Bell's done...DONE! You heard it hear...To many carries, and his proverbial " wheels fell off "
    You mean 4 years ago....that was me.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Now they are playing the 'respect card'........ seems someone needs a lesson in supply and demand.....

    NFL'S RB PAY IS 'DISRESPECTFUL'
    ... 'We Are Valuable'
    6/28/2020 12:40 AM PT
    Play video contentEXCLUSIVE
    STRAIGHT-UP DISRESPECTFUL
    TMZSports.com
    "It's disrespectful to be honest with you. It really is."

    Adrian Peterson says he's fed up with the way NFL owners and GMs refuse to pay running backs their value ... and now, he's telling TMZ Sports he hopes the game's youngsters can change things around.

    Peterson famously hasn't had too many issues with contracts over his career ... he's made over $100 MIL in 13 seasons.

    But, he's seen other tailbacks get the shaft when it comes time for new contracts ... and he tells us he's tired of seeing it.

    "I think the change is going to come," Peterson says. "Me and Frank Gore continue to show guys, 'Hey, we are valuable. We can have 10, 14-year careers as well, so value us as well like you would value a quarterback, you know?'"

    Of course, there are still plenty of running backs waiting for the tide to turn ... Zeke Elliott famously had to hold out of training camp to get his big contract, while Dalvin Cook is now threatening to do the same.

    Derrick Henry, meanwhile, is being forced to play on the franchise tag ... while Alvin Kamara has yet to receive an extension despite playing on a very Saints-friendly deal his first 3 years in the league.

    Peterson says he's hopeful all of that will change soon ... adding, "These young core of backs are really changing the game for the better."

    "I feel like you're going to continue to get guys like that, that's going to help raise the value of the running back position."
    https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/28/adria...-nfl-contract/

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Now they are playing the 'respect card'........ seems someone needs a lesson in supply and demand.....



    https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/28/adria...-nfl-contract/
    Paying backs big money Stupid.

    AP himself got the first mega deal and the Vikings cut him as not worth the money.
    In his prime, AP was BY FAR the best back of the era,

    Vikings year one A.P. (After Petersen)
    13-3 Best season since AP was drafted.

    Almost all big running back extensions turn out to be regrettable. Here’s a look at all of the running backs on non-rookie contracts who had at least one $6 million cap hit in a season from 2016 on (franchise tags excluded), according to OverTheCap with total contract figures from Spotrac:

    Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott, six years, $90 million:
    Elliott held out, and then posted a career-low in yards per game. He has more than 1,350
    touches in four NFL seasons. He wasn’t bad last season and has plenty of time to make this a good investment, but there are warning signs.
    VERDICT: Incomplete


    Jets Le’Veon Bell, four years, $52.5 million:
    A holdout after a second franchise tag from the Steelers led to a big deal from the Jets. Bell then posted career lows in just about every category. VERDICT: Miss

    Rams Todd Gurley, four years, $57.5 million:
    Even if you thought the Rams were making a mistake paying Gurley, nobody figured he’d be cut after two years. But Gurley’s knee became an issue, his playing time was cut back over the latter part of 2018 and he wasn’t the same back in 2019. He was cut, with the Rams taking on an astounding $20.15 million dead cap hit.
    VERDICT: Miss


    Cardinals/Texans David Johnson, three years, $39 million:
    Johnson parlayed a great 2016 into a big contract, and has been injury-riddled and ineffective since. He was benched late last season and then traded to the Texans, who still believe.
    VERDICT: Miss


    49ers Jerick McKinnon, four years, $30 million:

    Kinnon blew out his ACL in a practice before his first 49ers season and has yet to play for the team.
    VERDICT: Miss


    Texans Lamar Miller, four years, $26 million:
    Miller posted one 1,000-yard season for Houston, with 18 touchdowns in 44 games and missed all last season with a torn ACL. He wasn’t bad, but not the impact player Houston wanted.
    VERDICT: Some positives, but still a miss


    Falcons Devonta Freeman, five years, $41.25 million:
    Freeman made two Pro Bowls and signed his extension before his fourth season. His last three Falcons seasons, he missed 18 games due to injury and had 1,589 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns combined. VERDICT: Miss
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-29-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •