Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Steelers tested positive for CV

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    What are we going to do when cold and flu season arrives? Arrmagedeen might be on the horizan for the health care systems in America.

I don't know how we can send children back to school when testing isn't up to par yet.
    Not to worry. "Things" are being looked at. Checked out. Some very powerful, beautiful things. In a few weeks, things will be under control.

"supposing we hit the body with a tremendous whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light.... supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way"

"the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

And of course, even if we do nothing, it's going to magically disappear anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

What are we going to do when cold and flu season arrives? Arrmagedeen might be on the horizan for the health care systems in America.

I don't know how we can send children back to school when testing isn't up to par yet.
    The reasoning behind sending children back to school is asinine. "Children don't seem to be much affected by it". Yeah ok, but they will seed the community as asymptomatic carriers including bringing it home back to mom and dad. When Fauci said we are just knee high in this...he couldn't have been more correct.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Not to worry. "Things" are being looked at. Checked out. Some very powerful, beautiful things. In a few weeks, things will be under control.

"supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light.... supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way"

"the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

You may be on to something here. I like your optimism and insight. I feel better now. Time to go spend some money to keep this economy rolling.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I asked and I don't know.

I think this is what gets us off the rails. Thinking we can know things that are unknowable.

Someone can research and follow the bread crumbs backward to come up with a theory. And I don't mean can read article and watch online videos which usually give us the false sense of knowing anything.

But when someone does the best they can following the bread crumbs, do we trust them? Or do we assume they have an ulterior motive to mislead us.

We live in a weird time where we often get instant access to information which can include scientific research. But we often learn things before they are peer reviewed and vetted. And then we get opinions on stuff before it's validated. And the opinions get twisted into facts and go awry. Then we assume everyone is lying to us and we're back to having to ask ourselves what we think. And to some degree, even though we're asking ourselves unknowable questions, there's probably as good a chance of our own stupid intuition being as trust worthy as any science/news/etc. Or so we think. And then we pass our time looking for others to validate our own views (guesses/conspiracies).

And kids are growing up in this environment with an attention span of a tweet and seeing leaders in our world acting out these worst tendencies and trusting their gut over science and constantly looking for self validation.

In a way, it's un American. Trusting our opinions over real science would be like accepting someone is guilt until proven innocent.

But we got into the whirlwind mess because we can't trust anyone. The crazy part is we didn't take an illogical path to getting here. We're trending toward being a nation of narcissists. And I don't think it was even anyone's intent. We're getting dragged down this path unknowingly. And it's almost as if stupidity (or I should call it ignorance because we don't know any better) is our new addiction.

And on some level it's totally rational given the world around us.
    Excellent post Flip. After reading your posts recently I'm not surprised. I think a few people agree with you and find it hard to put it words (raises hand).

I really do think the internet and social disease of Facebook discourse is the source of much of this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

with what we know and are hoping a bit too is that wearing masks full time around others will pretty much cancel out or highly mitigate cold and flu season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

"supposing we hit the body with a tremendous whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light.... supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way"

Good idea Eich. We use a UV sterilizer in the piping of a water recirculation system at work to prevent algae and bacteria growth.
    Maybe stick the same on a dialysis machine and zap the critters while getting blood cleaned up?

( wait... don't tell anyone till I file a patent ...)

Legend

User Info Menu

And people wonder why there's such apathy in the US towards this pandemic:

https://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...8-389c8c5b3d9a

Sickening

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The reasoning behind sending children back to school is asinine. "Children don't seem to be much affected by it". Yeah ok, but they will seed the community as asymptomatic carriers including bringing it home back to mom and dad. When Fauci said we are just knee high in this...he couldn't have been more correct.
    In the latest test case involving children, not a single CV positive transferred to or from 2,000 kids at school. Not one. And then there is this.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/florid...ve-covid-cases

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    with what we know and are hoping a bit too is that wearing masks full time around others will pretty much cancel out or highly mitigate cold and flu season.
    My understanding is that scientific literature before the pandemic mostly concluded that masks aren't that effective against the flu and shouldn't be used outside of Healthcare workers working with patients.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/faq-20057878

But we'll probably be better at distancing and washing hands than in most years.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    My understanding is that scientific literature before the pandemic mostly concluded that masks aren't that effective against the flu and shouldn't be used outside of Healthcare workers working with patients.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/faq-20057878

But we'll probably be better at distancing and washing hands than in most years.
    It has been shown in study after study that masks coupled with social distancing are highly effective at slowing transmission of covid.