Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast

Thread: 2 Steelers tested positive for CV

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The NFL should let Canada review their plan. They said no to baseball and kicked the Blue Jays out of Canada. But they said yes to the NHL. Apparently they know something the US doesn't.
    I think they said no to the Jays because of the frequent travel to and from the US.

That's not a great look when they've "shut down" the border (although I think people that work in the US and live in Canada can still cross in at least some cases.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The NFL should let Canada review their plan. They said no to baseball and kicked the Blue Jays out of Canada. But they said yes to the NHL. Apparently they know something the US doesn't.
    I can see why Canada agreed to the NHL proposal. No travel and everyone is in a controlled environment until they’re eliminated. Nobody in and nobody out. It’s about as safe as a procedure as you can get during a pandemic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    If they allowed treatment with Hydro and zinc, it would be way less of a danger, but the establishment doesn't want a cheap and effective treatment, it doesn't fit their agenda. Oh, and hydro can be a preventative measure as well. Dr. Fraudi can suck it.
    I would concentrate more on making sure your Vitamin D levels are within normal range.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper
    If they allowed treatment with Hydro and zinc, it would be way less of a danger, but the establishment doesn't want a cheap and effective treatment, it doesn't fit their agenda. Oh, and hydro can be a preventative measure as well. Dr. Fraudi can suck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would concentrate more on making sure your Vitamin D levels are within normal range.
    Shawn - I'm curious if you've read any credible medical articles that back hydroxychloroquine as being either an effective treatment or prophylactic. The mere fact that our POTUS - the same guy who says we're studying the injection of disinfectants and powerful light into the body - mentioned it so often, is enough for me to seriously question it.

It's not just Dr. Faucci who downplayed it. The FDA also came out and cautioned against it.

I saw someone post on Facebook, a doctor from Africa who swears she's successfully treated over 200 COVID cases with zinc hydroxychloroquine azithromycin. She kept insisting that it was an absolute CURE and that she's not lost a single patient. But no clue if she is a legitimate medical professional.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Shawn - I'm curious if you've read any credible medical articles that back hydroxychloroquine as being either an effective treatment or prophylactic. The mere fact that our POTUS - the same guy who says we're studying the injection of disinfectants and powerful light into the body - mentioned it so often, is enough for me to seriously question it.

It's not just Dr. Faucci who downplayed it. The FDA also came out and cautioned against it.

I saw someone post on Facebook, a doctor from Africa who swears she's successfully treated over 200 COVID cases with zinc hydroxychloroquine azithromycin. She kept insisting that it was an absolute CURE and that she's not lost a single patient. But no clue if she is a legitimate medical professional.
    I have yet to see a credible study supporting it's use. But, as soon as I seen Trump support it, I knew the media would make it into the devil. We have been using it for years safely. And how much money is in it? I it does indeed work, no one gets rich. I do have some antidotal evidence from peers who fully believe it helps and it works.
    But, if people truly want to protect themselves beyond wearing a mask and social distancing, making sure Vitamin D levels are normal are incredibly important. And the darker your skin is, the harder it is for your body to convert vitamin D into D3 which is the active form. Vitamin D deficiency is one of the stronger links to severity and mortality outside of co-morbid disorders.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have yet to see a credible study supporting it's use. But, as soon as I seen Trump support it, I knew the media would make it into the devil. We have been using it for years safely. And how much money is in it? I it does indeed work, no one gets rich. I do have some antidotal evidence from peers who fully believe it helps and it works.
    But, if people truly want to protect themselves beyond wearing a mask and social distancing, making sure Vitamin D levels are normal are incredibly important. And the darker your skin is, the harder it is for your body to convert vitamin D into D3 which is the active form. Vitamin D deficiency is one of the stronger links to severity and mortality outside of co-morbid disorders.
    Thanks. Interesting about Vitamin D. My doctor has been pushing Vitamin D to me consistently over the past few years. She got me to start taking it as a daily supplement.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Thanks. Interesting about Vitamin D. My doctor has been pushing Vitamin D to me consistently over the past few years. She got me to start taking it as a daily supplement.
    Many people are deficient in Vitamin D and it's linked to a host of disorders, including poor prognosis with covid. Of course association isn't causation and needs more research but it makes sense medically, and the evidence is impressive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Many people are deficient in Vitamin D and it's linked to a host of disorders, including poor prognosis with covid. Of course association isn't causation and needs more research but it makes sense medically, and the evidence is impressive.
    Seems like an inexpensive, low (no?) risk option that might help with covid and a bunch of other stuff.

Any ideas about dosage (IU / kg)? Anything wrong with high dose (except potentially just peeing it out?)?
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 08-03-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

12 Jaguars just went on the COVID positive list.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    12 Jaguars just went on the COVID positive list.
    The NFL needs a bubble or this isn’t happening. Find 4 stadiums in the country and close things off.

there is no way I would risk it this year as a player with the long term health risk associated with Covid.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"