Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kap perfect fit for Steelers?

Starter

User Info Menu

Kap perfect fit for Steelers?

https://stillcurtain.com/2020/06/10/...in-kaepernick/

No way. In no way is Kap the perfect fit for Pgh. Just imagine the upheaval he would create on this team. Purely from a talent perspective, he would probably end up being better than Mason and Duck....maybe (he has been out 4 years). But with everything going on these days, I can't imagine he'd be worth all the noise he'd create - even without trying to do so. I'm not worried about him kneeling or not, that's not the issue. I'm just worried with the race issue being a powder keg just Kap being in Pgh is an unnecessary risk. I'd say teams like NE and Jags are more QB starved (but that's assuming they aren't throwing the season for next draft).

Personally, I've sided with Kap for a lot of his ordeal (or, at least his cause), but that doesn't mean I feel he is a fit in Pgh. He's just not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure. Let's get a guy who hasn't played football in 4 years. Just what we need...stupid people. Let's also bring back Charlie Batch

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://stillcurtain.com/2020/06/10/...in-kaepernick/

No way. In no way is Kap the perfect fit for Pgh. Just imagine the upheaval he would create on this team. Purely from a talent perspective, he would probably end up being better than Mason and Duck....maybe (he has been out 4 years). But with everything going on these days, I can't imagine he'd be worth all the noise he'd create - even without trying to do so. I'm not worried about him kneeling or not, that's not the issue. I'm just worried with the race issue being a powder keg just Kap being in Pgh is an unnecessary risk. I'd say teams like NE and Jags are more QB starved (but that's assuming they aren't throwing the season for next draft).

Personally, I've sided with Kap for a lot of his ordeal (or, at least his cause), but that doesn't mean I feel he is a fit in Pgh. He's just not.
    I'd kick the tires. I think the "climate" would work today, could care less about hater fan reaction. If he got game is my only question, its a no if he's done. We can find out without a commitment.

Only other issue is...PUN INTENDED...Do we have "Kap" space?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-11-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought they should have brought him in years ago. Would seem a bit disingenuous if they did it now.

I still think he's better than a lot of starting QBs and would be better than our current backups.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dude stunk 4 years ago...Is not better than Mason...Wants starter money.....

And then the other thing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Dude stunk 4 years ago...Is not better than Mason...Wants starter money.....

And then the other thing
    If Mason was his equal our defense was such that we would have been SB contenders like his team was.

Legend

User Info Menu

The thing with bringing in Kap is that you will have a media focus like being on Hard Knocks 24/7 once the season starts. At that point it becomes risk/reward. I would not do it unless he is a starter. I wouldn't disrupt a (hopefully) contending team for a guy who was a backup 4 years ago when he last played.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought they should have brought him in years ago. Would seem a bit disingenuous if they did it now.
    Nah, I think 4 years ago there were starter expectations. Now is a different deal. Plus, the genuiness of the Rooneys with their history on race would be less questioned than most teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The thing with bringing in Kap is that you will have a media focus like being on Hard Knocks 24/7 once the season starts. At that point it becomes risk/reward. I would not do it unless he is a starter. I wouldn't disrupt a (hopefully) contending team for a guy who was a backup 4 years ago when he last played.
    I think it would only work if there was an understanding...he is Bens backup. Not unreasonable being Ben is a HOF caliber QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I think it would only work if there was an understanding...he is Bens backup. Not unreasonable being Ben is a HOF caliber QB.
    I don't reject it due to his being unable to accept a backup role, I reject it based on the amount of media spotlight that would follow him. I said the same thing about Michael Sam a few years ago. No way any team wants that spotlight for a guy who is going to be a backup/STer. If Khalil Mack were to come out, I don't care about that media distraction, I want him on my team. A backup is not worth the distraction.