Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Backup QB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Over at the Depot, one of the funniest posts about backup QBs that I have read. If this doesn't give you a full-on belly laugh then your life has no joy:

After Rudolph, the decision is similar to do you want the frozen burrito or almost expired hoagie from 7-11 at 3am? Both will do the job, but chances are you'll end up regretting it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Over at the Depot, one of the funniest posts about backup QBs that I have read. If this doesn't give you a full-on belly laugh then your life has no joy:
    Probably after Ben.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    very easy to see why this message board banned you when you were Squid Kid.

surprised they just let you make another profile and stay here, you should be banned again.
    Yes...and property values on the "Planet" will immediately go up!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'd do it for a 5th in a heartbeat.
    Keep 2 out of 3 between Lynch, Rosen and Rudolph. Might actually have your Ben replacement in a couple years.
    Agreed. The more competition the better at QB. We need to find and develop Ben's heir. A 5th to find out what a 1st round talent has? Easy call. If he's a problem child send him packing. And in all fairness to Rosen, he has been playing with garbage. I think he could thrive in Pittsburgh. Lets also remember when people called Ben not a team guy blah blah whatever.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Agreed. The more competition the better at QB. We need to find and develop Ben's heir. A 5th to find out what a 1st round talent has? Easy call. If he's a problem child send him packing. And in all fairness to Rosen, he has been playing with garbage. I think he could thrive in Pittsburgh. Lets also remember when people called Ben not a team guy blah blah whatever.
    well said......but I'm still not sure Ben is a 'team' guy......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

very easy to see why this message board banned you when you were Squid Kid.

surprised they just let you make another profile and stay here, you should be banned again.
    Wow, how can you constantly call people names, insult and harass other posters but cry when others do it to you?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Wow, how can you constantly call people names, insult and harass other posters but cry when others do it to you?
    hey, aren't you supposed to be banned?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ben played big from day 1.

If Ben was 4-12 his first year or 2 and was said to not be a team guy he would’ve been sent packing.

I don’t think a team will abandon a QB if he has all the tools but isn’t a “team guy”
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

hey, aren't you supposed to be banned?
    That's what I thought....lol
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ben played big from day 1.

If Ben was 4-12 his first year or 2 and was said to not be a team guy he would’ve been sent packing.

I don’t think a team will abandon a QB if he has all the tools but isn’t a “team guy”
    bingo. team guy is nice - but the best 'team guy' is one who helps you win.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!