Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Backup QB?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Agreed.
    When we miss on a late round pick, the 'fans' say no big deal because they rarely make the 53.
    You also have the 'fans' that say the steelers organization is so strong that it changes players behaviors.
    The guy may be a douche, but his skillset is impressive.
    Maybe some humility may now set in with him.
    Crazy how about amazing our entire organization is but the fans don't think he can be turned around.
    so you have faith our org can turn him around? Got it!
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    If you're a QB that 2 teams have already given up on, you're probably not going to be an average to above average starter in the future.

Not only did 2 teams give up on him, but both of them only needed 1 year to decide to move on. Even Jay Cutler and Jeff George had teams that kept them around for a few seasons, but I think both of those guys are more talented than Josh.

Legend

User Info Menu

This might be relevant for people like me that hadn't seen him play much.

I think it would be interesting to see if the same channel has a breakdown of Rudolph. (edited to add: I looked through his channel but didn't see anything).

Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Wow, I messed you up......lol
    nah, you don't need my help with that.

you're pretty darn good doing that all by yourself...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This might be relevant for people like me that hadn't seen him play much.

I think it would be interesting to see if the same channel has a breakdown of Rudolph. (edited to add: I looked through his channel but didn't see anything).

Poor accuracy is a death knell for an NFL QB and Rosen was bad for most of the season.
    You're right NB. It would be interesting to see a similar breakdown of Rudolph's game. His adjusted net yards per pass attempt was well below the line this guy talked about (5.02 ANY/A) for an NFL QB. Rudolph also had a negative completion % above expected. Not good.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

doubt the steelers would make this move, but a 5th isn't an absurd price for a chance at a top 10 pick. When you caveat the situation(s) he's been in the last few years - I'm not sure you can say the kids a bust, though you also can't say he's a sure thing. What I do know is that though Mason showed promise initially, after the hit he wasn't the same. Maybe he needed the off season to get right. Maybe Ben will stay healthy and we'll never know. But we're also talking about 3 QB's on the team. For a 5th rounder to have Ben, Mason and Rosen? Maybe. Although we already have a high draft QB on the roster we got pretty cheap in Paxton - so perhaps the Steelers are thinking 'been there, done that'......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    doubt the steelers would make this move, but a 5th isn't an absurd price for a chance at a top 10 pick. When you caveat the situation(s) he's been in the last few years - I'm not sure you can say the kids a bust, though you also can't say he's a sure thing. What I do know is that though Mason showed promise initially, after the hit he wasn't the same. Maybe he needed the off season to get right. Maybe Ben will stay healthy and we'll never know. But we're also talking about 3 QB's on the team. For a 5th rounder to have Ben, Mason and Rosen? Maybe. Although we already have a high draft QB on the roster we got pretty cheap in Paxton - so perhaps the Steelers are thinking 'been there, done that'......
    The reason they won't bother is the Steelers don't like upheaval unless it's worth it. Bringing in Rosen has no upside; stay the course with Mason for now, nothing suggests he's worse than Rosen.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben goes down again it's a repeat of last year. I'm just not a fan of mason and duck well think the browns would sign him?!? Haha

Legend

User Info Menu

Wait, the Steelers already have a QB on the roster that is needing a turn-around.. and you want to add another??

(so there is no misunderstanding I am referring to Lynch, not Rudolph)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    nah, you don't need my help with that.

you're pretty darn good doing that all by yourself...
    Lol......thanks for agreeing with me.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.