Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Search of Greatness

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Weather you agree or not. All these teams also have QB’s making 30 mil per year and underperforming. One could say paying a QB 30+ a year is a worse use of cap space than a RB.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Clearly, sarcasm function is failing me today.

I take a shot at myself for being wrong...

Second time in this one thread. First Northern blitz, now Maniac?

Maniac, my point was to give credit for Dizz being right (for once) in a debate with me. (Hey Dizz, never mentioned Falcons cut Freeman yet FURTHER proof my contention about the folly of paying backs big coin...still I get no credit from you ).

So Maniac the truth is..... drumroll please.

YOU JUST AGREED WITH DIZZ....NOT ME.
    I don't see what Dizz says anymore but if he said something legit, then I have no problem agreeing with it. Sorry I missed your sarcasm thou.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think JuJu is a prime example of not being “fast”
    I was at the game in Detroit when Ju Ju went for a 97 yard TD. You know how fast he is? Exactly fast enough to stay one step ahead of the guy chasing him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I was at the game in Detroit when Ju Ju went for a 97 yard TD. You know how fast he is? Exactly fast enough to stay one step ahead of the guy chasing him.
    If someone is chasing you, more times than not you tend to run faster.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

And that's the bottom line. So was Jerry Rice...fast enough!
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You replied to my comment with a "reasoned" answer.
    You did see what I was saying right.
    I was agreeing with you (or at least I thought I was).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That play was just plain awesome! I was screaming at the TV as if I was at the stadium!