Thread: Betting on Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Betting on Ben

From the Trib: On average for his career — subtracting last year’s two games — Roethlisberger posts 3,746 yards and 22 touchdowns.
    Roethlisberger has six seasons of 28 or more touchdowns. Five of them have occurred from 2013-18. He also has six seasons of at least 4,000 passing yards — four times since the start of 2013.

What is your prediction with an over/under of 22

I'll take the over...over 25 TDs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    From the Trib: On average for his career — subtracting last year’s two games — Roethlisberger posts 3,746 yards and 22 touchdowns.
    Roethlisberger has six seasons of 28 or more touchdowns. Five of them have occurred from 2013-18. He also has six seasons of at least 4,000 passing yards — four times since the start of 2013.

I will predict 24 TD’s.

He could easily have 30 TD’s if completely healthy but I think our D is going to be stout again and we won’t have as many shootouts.

Would love to see us return to the local days of dominating games while only having to score 17 to 20 points.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Would love to see us return to the local days of dominating games while only having to score 17 to 20 points.
    with the strides our defense has taken - I think that's a real possibility for the next 2-3 years. If Ben stays healthy and the line keeps him upright - I think a 22 point average per game is not unreasonable. And I think our defense can defend that score.

now let's hope we have a season!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

As long as he can stay healthy enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFLís biggest offseason acquisition: Ben

By Dale Lolley
    Posted on May 20, 2020

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...quisition-fdl/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So 4000 yds is 250 a game. I could see that. What I would like to see is the TD / Int ratio be closer to 3-1 then 2-1. So 24 n 8 to me is much better than 30 n 15 because imho our D will be solid and thus if we win the turnover game we got a good shot to win a bunch of games. Double digit wins if we win the turnover battle n 7 can perform all year.
    Top D and we got a healthy 7 and make the post-season I'm signing up for that in a second.

Legend

User Info Menu

I never like to make these kinds of predictions because there is so much more than Ben that will go into the numbers he will post. Here is what I do believe: Ben will look and throw even better in 2020 than he was in 2018. His arm will be stronger than before he injured it. I always say that you judge play in football using the eyeball test, and I think Ben will pass that test with flying colors.

Given everything else that has happened to the team in the last two years, I can see this team as a serious contender.

1) A Ben led offense has not had a D this good in at least a decade.
    2) I think this is a perfect storm for Ben (other than age). I think his arm will be strong, and as much as the criticism coming from AB and the media might be yesterday's news for others, it has been simmering for a year with him.
    3) Other maligned skill players with something to prove: Ju Ju and Conner. Never discount that as a motivator.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I never like to make these kinds of predictions because there is so much more than Ben that will go into the numbers he will post. Here is what I do believe: Ben will look and throw even better in 2020 than he was in 2018. His arm will be stronger than before he injured it. I always say that you judge play in football using the eyeball test, and I think Ben will pass that test with flying colors.

Given everything else that has happened to the team in the last two years, I can see this team as a serious contender.

1) A Ben led offense has not had a D this good in at least a decade.
    2) I think this is a perfect storm for Ben (other than age). I think his arm will be strong, and as much as the criticism coming from AB and the media might be yesterday's news for others, it has been simmering for a year with him.
    3) Other maligned skill players with something to prove: Ju Ju and Conner. Never discount that as a motivator.
    I’m more worried about Conner, JuJu and the offense skill players than Ben.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I’m more worried about Conner, JuJu and the offense skill players than Ben.
    I agree. I think that much of it comes down to supporting cast. I think (hope) that a fair bit of the OL issues from last season were due to the D being able to load the box because they did not fear the QB. Hopefully the OL performs better in '20. Also, the skill positions have been upgraded by adding players with different matchup advantages. It isn't so much the numbers that JuJu is able to put up, but I want to see the O hum with him as a key component.