Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd crushes Steelers today

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Says the guy that has ran from me several times....
    I never run from you, I just get tired of repeating myself...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    You're rooting for Brady? I hate you!
    I'm actually curious to see who made who.
    I'm done hating winners. If they cheated a little bit, so be it. The risk was worth the reward. Nobody is really gonna remember the scandals when all is said and done.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm done hating winners. If they cheated a little bit, so be it. The risk was worth the reward. Nobody is really gonna remember the scandals when all is said and done.
    Unfortunately, your right. The reward was worth it. Look at the Astros; they will still be called world champs 10 years from now for what they did in 2017. Baseball didn’t have the nuts to strip them of the championship so all the cheating was worth it to them.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

nah.. people remember. Now it won’t stop Patriots fans from enjoying the championships. Well, then again the way Boston fans operate I’m not sure they even enjoyed them after the first few SB victories.

I think as fans start to win more rings they get spoiled and bitter even when they are winning.

Golden State fans became a miserable bunch after a few rings.

but look at Barry Bonds. No one will ever recognize him as a legit HR King even tho they never were able to prove he cheated.

He is forever known as a cheater.

The Pats are the same way. Outside of Boston everyone views them as cheaters. Only a select few shrug at the scandals and act like it’s no big deal.

Hell, I was just on FB a while back with a guy who claimed he was a Steeler fan who put Tomlin’s foot on the field above Spygate when it comes to cheating.

people believe what they want to believe.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah.. people remember. Now it won’t stop Patriots fans from enjoying the championships. Well, then again the way Boston fans operate I’m not sure they even enjoyed them after the first few SB victories.

I think as fans start to win more rings they get spoiled and bitter even when they are winning.

Golden State fans became a miserable bunch after a few rings.

but look at Barry Bonds. No one will ever recognize him as a legit HR King even tho they never were able to prove he cheated.

He is forever known as a cheater.

The Pats are the same way. Outside of Boston everyone views them as cheaters. Only a select few shrug at the scandals and act like it’s no big deal.

Hell, I was just on FB a while back with a guy who claimed he was a Steeler fan who put Tomlin’s foot on the field above Spygate when it comes to cheating.

I'm in Michigan with fans of lions, Packers, vikes, cowboys and several other teams. I tried the cheating angle years ago with next to zero agreement.
    Very few people care.
    If the owners don't care and help cover it up, how do you expect the fans to think it's a big deal?
    Hell, the players didn't care.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For Chadman
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hell, I was just on FB a while back with a guy who claimed he was a Steeler fan who put Tomlinís foot on the field above Spygate when it comes to cheating.

I have never understood some of the vitriol for Tomlin on that "attempted tripping". It always looked to me like he was watching the jumbotron, realized he inadvertently got too close to the play and tried to awkwardly jump back. I never saw it as him trying to alter the play.

Even if Tomlin had come on to the field and went all James-Harrison on the returner, I wouldn't have put that act above Spygate. It was ONE Play! Spygate was a systematic, intentional, planned, season(s)-long, illegal way to gain an advantage.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I have never understood some of the vitriol for Tomlin on that "attempted tripping". It always looked to me like he was watching the jumbotron, realized he inadvertently got too close to the play and tried to awkwardly jump back. I never saw it as him trying to alter the play.

Even if Tomlin had come on to the field and went all James-Harrison on the returner, I wouldn't have put that act above Spygate. It was ONE Play! Spygate was a systematic, intentional, planned, season(s)-long, illegal way to gain an advantage.
    I think that play is hilarious.

Probably not quite as funny as Cowher's 12 men photo, but funnier than his mock punch IMO.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

I think it's because it was a couple second video that was easy for people to see and digest.
    Most people didn't see it or take the time to read the entire spygate report. I think most people think all teams try stealing information. I also think most people don't think that it was that beneficial.
    It's just like the ray rice incident. Nobody really cared when they heard about it but as soon as video appeared, people took notice.

Legend

User Info Menu

If they cheated a little bit, so be it. The risk was worth the reward. Nobody is really gonna remember the scandals when all is said and done.
    this statement speaks to your own personal lack of ethics and values.

how they actually will be remembered: