Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd crushes Steelers today

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    First and foremost Cowherd is an entertainer no different than a comedian or talkshow host. His job is to entertain, get people talking, make headlines.
    Now, there are legitimate reasons for saying the Steelers won't be as good this year... aging QB, aging OL. So it's worth arguing.
    But to say the organization is no longer top tier is simply baseless and an attempt to bait fans. The Steelers continue to be held in high regard by the people that matter most, the players. They are almost universal in their voice on how great it is to play for.
    I know it’s slow right now but it’s hilarious seeing the same people get all giddy over a Cowherd rant.

Skip Bayless and Jason Whitlock articles should be coming soon as well.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Bellicheat coaches circles around MT because of two reasons -

1) He is willing to adjust to weaknesses;

2) Ernie Adams has Rainman like skills to know what's up, and BB doesn't mind breaking the rules about calling in adjustments after the time cut off.

Oh, and

3) Cheating.
    You forgot Josh Mcdaniels..arguably the best OC in the game.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Maniac knows his arguments suck, so he calls people that disagree with him gay.
    Northern_Blitz..that term does not refer to anyone being gay. Relax. And my argument is the most sound here. That's why you've had to put up bugus signatures to emulate mine. Please see my signature for Tomlin's playoff record over the last 9 years. It can't be disputed. That's why some are so upset about it.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Different day.. same shyt.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Kinda laughable that Cowturd uses BB as the comparison because that's about the only coach in the NFL who has outperformed Tomlin over the past decade. Oh and every other coach in the NFL has been outclassed by BB too
    Every? Doug Pederson?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    First and foremost Cowherd is an entertainer no different than a comedian or talkshow host. His job is to entertain, get people talking, make headlines.
    Now, there are legitimate reasons for saying the Steelers won't be as good this year... aging QB, aging OL. So it's worth arguing.
    But to say the organization is no longer top tier is simply baseless and an attempt to bait fans. The Steelers continue to be held in high regard by the people that matter most, the players. They are almost universal in their voice on how great it is to play for.
    I don't believe he said those things purely as click bait without actually believing them. He has made most of the same points many times before.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope the rest of the league listens to him and believes that Tomlin and the Steelers are terrible.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Josh McDaniels is the best OC in the game? Lmao. I thought that was McShay?

I don’t think Josh is that good or he would’ve left the Pats. He’s another coach who can’t do it without the crutch of NE.

I’m actually kinda rooting for Brady now that he left NE. While I despised that dude in NE I think it’s the org that I truly hate. Seeing guys leave and come out of retirement let’s me know something truly does stink in NE.

But more so it’s because we finally get a chance to see if it’s Brady or the system.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Northern_Blitz..that term does not refer to anyone being gay. Relax. And my argument is the most sound here. That's why you've had to put up bugus signatures to emulate mine. Please see my signature for Tomlin's playoff record over the last 9 years. It can't be disputed. That's why some are so upset about it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Other than the 7-9 record, can't really disagree.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.