Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd crushes Steelers today

Starter

User Info Menu

Colin Cowherd crushes Steelers today

He said they are overrated, and sees them as 7-9 this season.

His reasons are (and I've heard him express these before):

1.) Tomlin is not "buttoned up" enough. He said head coaches who run a "tight ship" are generally better coaches. He likes Tomlin as a person, but as a head coach, he's just a little too sloppy and weak at attention to detail. He said every time he faces hoodie, it's really obvious he gets out coached, and he doesn't feel like that with the upper tier of coaches.

2.) It's no longer a top organization. They let things slide more now. It's a little sleepy, in that they kind of say "It's how we've always done it" instead of always looking to be leading-edge.

3.) Ben unlikely to perform as he did in his prime.

Colin is right a good deal of times, but I don't always agree. With his take on Tomlin, though, I do often agree.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    He said they are overrated, and sees them as 7-9 this season.

His reasons are (and I've heard him express these before):

1.) Tomlin is not "buttoned up" enough. He said head coaches who run a "tight ship" are generally better coaches. He likes Tomlin as a person, but as a head coach, he's just a little too sloppy and weak at attention to detail. He said every time he faces hoodie, it's really obvious he gets out coached, and he doesn't feel like that with the upper tier of coaches.

2.) It's no longer a top organization. They let things slide more now. It's a little sleepy, in that they kind of say "It's how we've always done it" instead of always looking to be leading-edge.
    Whisper, you really are asking for it. The TBW will be after you soon enough.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

last season Cowherd loved the Browns, I'm glad he doesn't love us this year...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I have to correct this. He was one of the only talking heads who DIDN'T think the Browns were going to be all-world. He didn't call the 6-10 season, but he knew Super Bowl talk was nonsense. And he knew Baker was way overrated. Browns fans despise him. Like I said, he's not always right, but he nailed predicting the Browns' implosion last year.

But, I agree I am glad he doesn't like us in 2020, I like when NO ONE likes us, we do much better historically. When we read glowing coverage all off-season, we come out sloppy and unfocused.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Whisper, you really are asking for it. The TBW will be after you soon enough.
    Excuse my naivete', but who is the "TBW?"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    nah.. he and Baker have beef going back to his college days so he roots against Baker.

I personally canít stand Cowherd because he has personal needs with certain players and coaches and he always predicts doom for them.

Itís not genuine and we donít even face NE next year do we? So why bring up Billicheat?
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-19-2020 at 06:18 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cowherd is allowed to speak his mind. This board is all about that. He went for some low hanging fruit I would say with "BB is better that MT" and "Ben wont be as good as he was in his prime". However to say we do things a certain way and we don't vary from that only shows he didn't give much thought to the last 2 big trades we made with Bush n Fitz. Those moves were rare air type moves for us.
    Win n it's all good. We hover around the middle of the pack and folks will take shots and we'll deserve what we get.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah.. he and Baker have beef going back to his college days so he roots against Baker.

I personally can’t stand Cowherd because he has personal needs with certain players and coaches and he always predicts doom for them.

It’s not genuine and we don’t even face NE next year do we? So why bring up Billicheat?
    I think he only brought up Hoodie because he was using it as an example of how MT isn't a top tier head coach. He said without fail Hoodie clearly coaches circles around him, while with top tier coaches, it's not the case.

Colin seems a little too much self-absorbed and kind of a baby; he no longer will take calls or read emails because - he says - he is sick of having to re-state every argument. But I don't buy that. I think he just hates being shown when he is wrong.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Cowherd is allowed to speak his mind. This board is all about that. He went for some low hanging fruit I would say with "BB is better that MT" and "Ben wont be as good as he was in his prime". However to say we do things a certain way and we don't vary from that only shows he didn't give much thought to the last 2 big trades we made with Bush n Fitz. Those moves were rare air type moves for us.
    Win n it's all good. We hover around the middle of the pack and folks will take shots and we'll deserve what we get.
    I do agree with him on the "Tomlin is not button down enough" assertion, though, which I think explains the absurd losses to the worst teams. He fails to get the team focused and prepared if they face weaker teams.