Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady Wracked by Loss to Steelers in '18

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    they have.. what’s frustrating tho is a few times we were in really good positions to beat them but one or 2 plays seemed the change momentum.

I really thought 2004 was the year after the first matchup but that first play action TD in pretty much changed the whole game.

If we just pressed more often I think we could’ve won more games vs the Pats.
    How dare you... LeBeau's zone blitz was the perfect scheme. In seriousness though, I still remember the one game that DLB changed things up and played mostly man against Brady. Brady was completely out of his comfort zone. I think he ended with 2 or 3 INTs on the day. .... if only the Steelers could have guilded that gameplan in gold....sigh.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    How dare you... LeBeau's zone blitz was the perfect scheme. In seriousness though, I still remember the one game that DLB changed things up and played mostly man against Brady. Brady was completely out of his comfort zone. I think he ended with 2 or 3 INTs on the day. .... if only the Steelers could have guilded that gameplan in gold....sigh.
    another time the Jets player zone in the playoffs and the Pats were caught off guard because the Jets always played man. I think it was the year we made the SB.

I’m shocked more teams don’t change their scheme when playing the Pats.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    It sure will be interesting to see how Tom and Hoodie do without each other.
    Hoodie will be more then fine.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Hoodie will be more then fine.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Weather you like it or not..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Weather you like it or not..
    Your being a little harsh on there grammer to.

And regarding hoodie... I hope he doesn't sniff the big show for at least a decade.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Lebeau "ten yard cushion" was a dream come true for Marsha. Why we kept doing it is beyond me. 4-10+ yards each play for the cheats. It's retarded.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    The Lebeau "ten yard cushion" was a dream come true for Marsha. Why we kept doing it is beyond me. 4-10+ yards each play for the cheats. It's retarded.
    The problem with the cushion is it works well for 85% of the league. Most QB’s and OC’s will get impatient and make a mistake or slip up and take a sack due to a blitz somewhere within a long drive.

Brady was patient enough to keep dinking until WE got impatient and made a mistake. Not sure why we rarely changed things up when playing NE. It’s not like we didn’t know they were on the schedule. That game should’ve always been circled as the “press coverage, we aren’t doing what we do every week” game plan.

Will be interesting seeing what the cheat does without Brady.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    The genius of the BB is not that he developed a strong system to beat opponents, his genius is that on a weekly basis he exploited the weaknesses and tendencies of his opponents. That is why teams needed to adjust, and do something unusual to their usual gameplan in order to have a chance to beat them. Easier said than done, but if you were going to do the same thing you did last week, hoodie was always one step ahead of you.

That is why the idea that the team moved away from Brady and towards the run is odd. They adjusted their gameplan weekly and took what the opponent gave. That is why a player like James White would be the hero one week, and then barely leave the bench the next.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The genius of the BB is not that he developed a strong system to beat opponents, his genius is that on a weekly basis he exploited the weaknesses and tendencies of his opponents. That is why teams needed to adjust, and do something unusual to their usual gameplan in order to have a chance to beat them. Easier said than done, but if you were going to do the same thing you did last week, hoodie was always one step ahead of you.

That is why the idea that the team moved away from Brady and towards the run is odd. They adjusted their gameplan weekly and took what the opponent gave. That is why a player like James White would be the hero one week, and then barely leave the bench the next.
    Yeah...the weekly alternation of offensive game planning and implementation was /is brilliant. That's why I said that Josh McDaniel is one of the top OC's in the game. There's one thing to want to do it but to actually pull it off week after week after week is a rarity seldom seen.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]