Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project production of these rookies

Legend

User Info Menu

Project production of these rookies

Who do you think will make the biggest difference in year 1? 3? 5?

WR Claypool
    RB Dobbins
    RB Akers
    RB Dillon

All four players could have been drafted by the Steelers. I think Dobbins will be the biggest producer of all.

Banned

User Info Menu

I think in order of best opportunity:

1. Claypool (he will be a starter in the base formation because of his ability to seal when blocking so will get a lot of snaps this season)
    2. Akers ( is the best runner on that team so will get early down work from the start)
    3. Dobbins ( Have to consider where he was taken that he'll start with splitting carries with Ingram. And could be the primary by season's end.)
    4. Dillion ( Going to be hard for him to unseat Jones initially but when Jones gets nicked up, Dillon will shine and he & Jones will be splitting carries the rest of the way to keep Jones fresh and healthy for the playoffs.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Claypool will have 40+ catches and 5 TDs

Why would any Steelers fan care about the others????

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Did you really just ask that? The other 3 were also players we could have drafted. If any of those guys end up being superstars and Claypool is just meh, then, yes, I will care about the others as a historical bookmark.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Did you really just ask that? The other 3 were also players we could have drafted. If any of those guys end up being superstars and Claypool is just meh, then, yes, I will care about the others as a historical bookmark.

Yes I did just write that. Why is that hard to understand? They aren't Steelers so who gives a rat's you know what about them.

The only player that matters for the Steelers in Claypool

Focus on the player we have instead of looking for a reason to complain

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes I did just write that. Why is that hard to understand? They aren't Steelers so who gives a rat's you know what about them.

The only player that matters for the Steelers in Claypool

Focus on the player we have instead of looking for a reason to complain
    Oh, so using your (cracked) logic, no Steeler fans ever discussed passing on Marino in the draft? I mean, why should they, he wasn't a Steeler. And I can discuss anything damn thing I want. I don't need your approval.

Legend

User Info Menu

Have to disagree Ovi. It's at least worth a conversation.
    The NFL is the ultimate open business. Every player decision is open to public scrutiny. Every choice can be analyzed, rehashed, and second guessed.
    But it's also true that it's impossible to know how the alternate reality would really play out. E.g. would a Dillon do just as well on a Steelers team as he would on the team that draft ed him?
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 05-19-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Have to disagree Ovi. It's at least worth a conversation.
    The NFL is the ultimate open business. Every player decision is open to public scrutiny. Every choice can be analyzed, rehashed, and second guessed.
    But it's also true that it's impossible to know how the alternate reality would really play out. E.g. would a Dillon do just as well on a Steelers team as he would on the team that draft ed him?
    I'll focus on reality versus fictional alternate realities...only Claypool's performance means anything to the Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's hard to expect any of the rookies to do much this season.

Terrible Podcast talks about how rookies didn't make much impact when we lost the off season due to collective bargaining issues.

They make the argument (and I agree) that we'll probably see something similar this year.

I think that making an impact without much practice is probably harder for WRs than RBs, so I think Claypool is probably lowest on this list...but I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully, being huge will help him change drives that would otherwise have been short FGs into TDs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think it's hard to expect any of the rookies to do much this season.

Terrible Podcast talks about how rookies didn't make much impact when we lost the off season due to collective bargaining issues.

They make the argument (and I agree) that we'll probably see something similar this year.

I think that making an impact without much practice is probably harder for WRs than RBs, so I think Claypool is probably lowest on this list...but I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully, being huge will help him change drives that would otherwise have been short FGs into TDs.
    Wondering if this means the XFL players the Steelers picked up might have a better chance to shine?