Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Bell's return to Greatness

Legend

User Info Menu

OT: Bell's return to Greatness

With signing of Gore, Gase is predicting a Bell/Gore running game defenses will have to reckon with:
    https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...161745680.html

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    With signing of Gore, Gase is predicting a Bell/Gore running game defenses will have to reckon with:
    Gase needs to stop drinking before he says crazy stuff like that. Gore is 190 years old. Hahahahahahahhahahaha
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Gase needs to stop drinking before he says crazy stuff like that. Gore is 190 years old. Hahahahahahahhahahaha
    The funny part is that Gore was brought in for his 'veteran leadership'. Hasn't Bell been in the league long enough to be considered a leader?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    And will be better than Bell...the REAL reason they got him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sadly Gore had his lowest ave per carry 3.6 last year that he's had in a while but he has had an amazing career. Not sure what his roll will be with the JETS but he is not much of a receiver at this stage. He still had some fuel in the tank last year but age n hits catch up with everyone.
    Bell only averaged 3.2 a carry last year (he had a 4.7 n a few 4.9's here) so he was way below his B n G performances. He's only 28 so I don't want to think that we have seen the best of Bell but it's possible.He could still be very good but we may never see what we saw here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    And will be better than Bell...the REAL reason they got him.
    Stop Captain! If you go there, this thread will be hijacked!
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Sadly Gore had his lowest ave per carry 3.6 last year that he's had in a while but he has had an amazing career. Not sure what his roll will be with the JETS but he is not much of a receiver at this stage. He still had some fuel in the tank last year but age n hits catch up with everyone.
    Bell only averaged 3.2 a carry last year (he had a 4.7 n a few 4.9's here) so he was way below his B n G performances. He's only 28 so I don't want to think that we have seen the best of Bell but it's possible.He could still be very good but we may never see what we saw here.
    Yup 3.6 ypc...an upgrade statistically.

And as a Steeler fan yes I absolutely "want to think" and believe without a doubt we've seen the best out of Bell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    In my fantasy league a few years back, I think I had Gore and Peterson.

There was a time that would have given me an elite team. But that time had passed.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    In my fantasy league a few years back, I think I had Gore and Peterson.

There was a time that would have given me an elite team. But that time had passed.
    Gore and Bell fantasy FB tandem supreme.
    Quick before someone else gets the idea!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Gore’s ability to play this long is insane.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?