Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben in great shape?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rumor is we start the season in NJ against the Giants. Hopefully that will allow us to get off to a fast start.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if the trend continues - ben will not put in extra effort in the off season. he will not work out and show up to camp in great shape. he will rely on his years of experience to overcome his aging and beat up body. He will play 12-15 snaps in the pre-season and the Steelers may possibly have to overcome another 'stench of september' to quote tomlin.

It is what is is and I'm sure Ben doesn't give a ravens a$$ what anyone else thinks.

He'll end up in the HOF, loaded with cash and set for life.

But there will always be some (including me) who will wonder if his resume could and should have been even more impressive with a 52 week commitment to being the best.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I don't really care about how the Steelers start the season. I care about how they end it.
    Tomlin's teams are generally recognized for strong finishes.
    while true... we usually have that game or 2 early on that we need for better seeding come playoff time.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    if the trend continues - ben will not put in extra effort in the off season. he will not work out and show up to camp in great shape. he will rely on his years of experience to overcome his aging and beat up body. He will play 12-15 snaps in the pre-season and the Steelers may possibly have to overcome another 'stench of september' to quote tomlin.

It is what is is and I'm sure Ben doesn't give a ravens a$$ what anyone else thinks.

But there will always be some (including me) who will wonder if his resume could and should have been even more impressive with a 52 week commitment to being the best.
    I would wager that no athlete trains seriously for 52 weeks for their. sport.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you would burn out if you did...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Didn’t David Boston do something along those lines, or am I misremembering things again?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Absolutely.
    The off season is time to eat, drink, do drugs, commit crimes, sleep in and vacation.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Absolutely.
    The off season is time to eat, drink, do drugs, commit crimes, sleep in and vacation.

Starter

User Info Menu

Nor should they.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post

He's made me mad at times, the stupid interceptions, screaming at the TV. He's not without flaws, but bottom line, he wins. Can he now? I hope so.