Legend

User Info Menu

Who cares what he says

Legend

User Info Menu

why, is the season starting soon?

Legend

User Info Menu

The guy isn't making a specific statement about what Ben is currently doing, he is making a general statement about the way that he typically is. We already know all that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even if it's true - I seriously doubt that comes as any surprise to anyone. Ben has never been known as a workout fiend. He even admitted recently he doesn't work out in the off season.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Even if it's true - I seriously doubt that comes as any surprise to anyone. Ben has never been known as a workout fiend. He even admitted recently he doesn't work out in the off season.
    Yea, I've never had a problem with it, he gets the sh-- beat out of him for 16-18 weeks. He's played with mad injuries. It's only May.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Ben can’t lose the weight the Steelers could always use him for depth along the offensive line.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Yea, I've never had a problem with it, he gets the sh-- beat out of him for 16-18 weeks. He's played with mad injuries. It's only May.
    Really? After the BA years Ben hasnít been sacked as often.

I think itís possible to work out some in the offseason to improve your game when you are paid handsomely.

Might be part of the reason we start slow and see ugly Ben a few more times each year.

Never understood how Ben could admit he doesnít work out in the summer and people have the nerve to say we wasted his best years.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Really? After the BA years Ben hasn’t been sacked as often.

I think it’s possible to work out some in the offseason to improve your game when you are paid handsomely.

Might be part of the reason we start slow and see ugly Ben a few more times each year.

Never understood how Ben could admit he doesn’t work out in the summer and people have the nerve to say we wasted his best years.
    I have some mixed feelings. Working out is not like a savings account: what you do in July does not carry over to Sept. It doesn't work that way - as far as your shape. Now, allowing yourself to get 30 LBs overweight doesn't help things come camp. You'd like to see players to show up with some modicum of fitness level so they aren't starting behind the 8 ball.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

probably be another report out today or tomorrow telling how he's been working out and watching his diet and is in the best shape he's ever been in