Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers offered more $ than Dallas for Dalton

Starter

User Info Menu

Steelers offered more $ than Dallas for Dalton

https://clutchpoints.com/steelers-news-pittsburgh-offered-a-better-deal-to-andy-dalton-than-dallas/

Kind of interesting. I'm glad we didn't sign the red rifle. Sink or swim with what we got.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He played at TCU right? I bet he has always wanted to play for Dallas.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://clutchpoints.com/steelers-news-pittsburgh-offered-a-better-deal-to-andy-dalton-than-dallas/

Kind of interesting. I'm glad we didn't sign the red rifle. Sink or swim with what we got.

You know Colbert says unequivocally that we have not offered ANY QB anything, and says the rumors about Winston are not true.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You know Colbert says unequivocally that we have not offered ANY QB anything, and says the rumors about Winston are not true.
    But folks on the internet have to generate clicks.

And "Steelers offer more money to <insert QB name here> than <insert team QB ultimately sign with>" seemed to work pretty good last time.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Starter

User Info Menu

All that matters is they didn't sign him. It may be "interesting" if it's true they offered him more $, but no signing was made, so it doesn't matter. And you KNOW he's hated the Steelers his entire career so he may not feel like hopping on that train. And I think he's from TX, went to TCU.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I dont know why the hell anybody would be happy with our backup QB situation

didnt they watch them play last season?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

They still believe Rudolph has first round pedigree somewhere in his DNA
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    They still believe Rudolph has first round pedigree somewhere in his DNA
    Put yourself in his shoes, wouldn't you want a legitimate chance to show what you got? Last season was his first games in a starting role. Started off ok but got untracked with injuries to himself, Conner, and Juju. Too much for a young QB to overcome. And I would guess that it would have given Roethlisberger himself a problem.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

I think our back up QB situation isn't good.

But, I think our hands are basically tied by the salary cap. I don't think we can afford a QB that's any better than what we have, which is hopefully something that's at least average backup QB (although that would be an improvement from what we saw last year IMO).

That's why the Winston deal was ultimately somewhat interesting because it was so cheap.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The guy who first put out the story that the Steelers made an offer to Dalton (@ more $$ than Cowgirls) has now debunked it, claiming it was a joke he made.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...roethlisberger

He says it was an attempt at humor in the wake of last week's report that the Steelers offered Jameis Winston a bigger contract than he ended up getting from the Saints.

Some of these guys are just morons.