Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antoine Brooks, there is our S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Antoine Brooks, there is our S

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/antoine-brooks-jr/I5BV4sXr7W

He has nice speed. Can hit, alludes blocks...but, oh, can't cover for sh-t. Kind of the S they seem to love.

Total liability in man coverage. Tight hips and heavy feet make him a liability carrying anyone into space. Doesn’t feel vertical push well at all in his pedal. Zone drops are erratic and he rarely reaches his landmarks. Cover spacing is mostly off and he gets caught between zones or covering grass. Has minimal range and well below average makeup speed. Cannot be trusted in deep zone coverage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/antoine-brooks-jr/I5BV4sXr7W

He has nice speed. Can hit, alludes blocks...but, oh, can't cover for sh-t. Kind of the S they seem to love.
    I kind of wish they would stop drafting University of Maryland secondary players, even though I've seen a few good grades on this selection.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

2.49 - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
    3.102 - Alex Highsmith, OLB, Charlotte
    4.124 - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
    4.135 - Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette
    6.198 - Antoine Brooks Jr, S, Maryland
    7.232 - Carlos Davis, DL, Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ya they should of drafted one of the many great cover safeties that were still left in the 6th round.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I kind of wish they would stop drafting University of Maryland secondary players, even though I've seen a few good grades on this selection.

Pappy
    What is their obsession with MD DBs? It's not as if they pan out for us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ya they should of drafted one of the many great cover safeties that were still left in the 6th round.
    So, they should just give up and take DBs who can't cover a sloth wearing high heel shoes?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    So, they should just give up and take DBs who can't cover a sloth wearing high heel shoes?
    What defensive secondary players are you taking in the 6th round who are starters with great cover skills?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

heard he might of been draftted as a dimebacker...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He will be competing for the Mark Barron role. Good instincts and can tackle. This is not a Safety pick. They wanted Shaun Bradley and the Eagles took him 2 picks prior.

Legend

User Info Menu

wish we would have taken a DT or OT with that pick... oh well... may get one in the 7th

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    heard he might of been draftted as a dimebacker...
    Or special teams, you need gunners on the punt team, you need guys on kickoff coverage who can tackle and shed blocks.