Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Steelers select WR Chase Claypool in Round 1

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Claypool: 'I knew I had a good chance'

https://www.steelers.com/video/clayp...-a-good-chance

Claypool’s first touchdown was a big one. An 84 yard sprint down the left sideline, making it look effortless against a fellow rookie corner. Fourth longest TD by a Steelers’ rookie receiver in team history. Big play potential the team drafted him for.

He also finished the day with three tackles, including a great stop on the opening kickoff, showing his well-rounded ability on display at Notre Dame.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; Yesterday at 12:50 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Claypool:Fourth longest TD by a Steelers’ rookie receiver in team history. Big play potential the team drafted him for.
    Claypool has been amazing. Love the kid. But this stat kinda makes me laugh. It's like the statisticians go out of their way to find something interesting when it isn't really there. FOURTH place for a rookie? Is that really worth pointing out? The catch and run was very impressive all on its own, without trying to make up some statistic about it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Claypool has been amazing. Love the kid. But this stat kinda makes me laugh. It's like the statisticians go out of their way to find something interesting when it isn't really there. FOURTH place for a rookie? Is that really worth pointing out? The catch and run was very impressive all on its own, without trying to make up some statistic about it.
    Mark Malone’s 90 yard touchdown reception against the Seahawks is still more impressive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Claypool got officially baptized yesterday; now I want to see him do well in catching some balls on intermediate routes with consistency.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Claypool got officially baptized yesterday; now I want to see him do well in catching some balls on intermediate routes with consistency.
    Considering he aint playing too many snaps, looks like he is getting his fair share of those. Unlike the fly routes he showed plenty of that on tape too.

I think once they get going, I can see him doing everything an elite tight end can do underneath chain moving stuff. As I said before he and Ben can pitch and catch that stuff ALLDAYLONG until you play him tight.

That happens and he will blow right past you.

One more thing. Did you notice how much of a margin of error Ben would have on the deep throw? Dude is HARD to overthrow, and it is much easier to put it where only he can get it.

We NEED to get this kid on the field as one of the top 3 guys asap. Come playoff time we need him to be more than a spot contributor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Baptized- Clay-Pool...it makes sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW, 5 targets 5 completions so far for the kid. First catch of his career (sideline one) was the statistically most difficult (13 percent probability) catch made in the NFL that week.