Thread: Nix to Colts

Legend

User Info Menu

Nix to Colts

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/steelers-rosie-nix-detroit-lions

I never understood why they raved about this guy so much; what was so special about him? He was so stocky you had to throw a perfect pass for him to catch it. (John L Williams, he wasn't) He had like 2 touches a season. But the coaching staff always bragged about how great he was. Now they will rave about Watt I guess.

Banned

User Info Menu

He’s obviously valued ; Colts have a good staff so they must have saw some things on film. And what they saw obviously confirms what our staff said about him initially.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-12-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He’s obviously valued ; Colts have a good staff so they must have saw some things on film. And what they saw obviously confirms what our staff said about him initially.
    All words, barely ever saw any actions. It was like when they used to rave about Bruener.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope they have the hot tub ready....

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    All words, barely ever saw any actions. It was like when they used to rave about Bruener.
    So far, your right. All words. Those old films of him must have him looking like Superman.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nix was a really good special teams player. I think he could've done more with the offense, too, but the Steelers don't use a fullback much. But as far as STs, he was very good (when he was healthy).
    2024 Mock Draft 3.0

Trade back for an extra 2nd round pick
    1) Graham Barton, C/OT, Duke
    2a) Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    2b) Luke Ohorhorro, DL, Clemson
    3) Kiran Amegadje, OT, Yale
    4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    So far, your right. All words. Those old films of him must have him looking like Superman.
    Those super stock FBs are still a dime a dozen, even though the college game is generally much more of a spread offense, there are still more of those guys than is needed in the NFL, especially the FBs that are so stocky that they can only catch perfectly thrown passes.

Give me a Tom Rathman or Lorenzo Neal anyday, over the the Nix type of FB; they can catch and run while still being able to block the crap out of defenders. When you got a FB as limited as Nix, it really makes you easier to defend. I don't care if a a FB can bench press a house - who cares about that if they can bare move, run or catch passes? I used to love how Rathman could come in, block or run or catch passes. Same with Mike Alstott.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Those super stock FBs are still a dime a dozen, even though the college game is generally much more of a spread offense, there are still more of those guys than is needed in the NFL, especially the FBs that are so stocky that they can only catch perfectly thrown passes.

Give me a Tom Rathman or Lorenzo Neal anyday, over the the Nix type of FB; they can catch and run while still being able to block the crap out of defenders. When you got a FB as limited as Nix, it really makes you easier to defend. I don't care if a a FB can bench press a house - who cares about that if they can bare move, run or catch passes? I used to love how Rathman could come in, block or run or catch passes. Same with Mike Alstott.
    You've really got a taste for the old days huh? I just hope we've got a guy right now who can lead whoever is our starting runningback through the hole.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-15-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow, you guys are rough on Nix. It's not like he was making 10 million a year. The guy was a good special teams player and when he got to play offense he did all the things they asked of him. He was great at making holes for the RB. Do you guys feel everybody on the team has to be a superstar? Where would we get the coin for that? The guy was a good player ... end of story.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Wow, you guys are rough on Nix. It's not like he was making 10 million a year. The guy was a good special teams player and when he got to play offense he did all the things they asked of him. He was great at making holes for the RB. Do you guys feel everybody on the team has to be a superstar? Where would we get the coin for that? The guy was a good player ... end of story.
    he was, when healthy.

which unfortunately he wasn't enough. the best ability is availability...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha