Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Quick thoughts

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quick thoughts

    1) Did you guys know that OKA aka Chucks is only 23...

    2) Concerning getting more draft picks, ( Don't know if it is legal or possible) would you trade Bud for a second or 3rd ( draft class sucks) and then allocate that $ and sign Clowney or Matthews, Chicko. I am sort of down on this idea, I am not even sure where I stand with Clowney. I think he is over rated, but comparing him to Bud I am not sure who is better and by how much. Matthews is older,but insurance to see what we really have with OLA and Skipper.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."



  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I am not a clowney fan.
    Guy is frequently hurt, doesn't produce, doesn't care about winning and is all about how much money he can make.
    Unless it's a first, I'm not trading him either.
    I'm curious to see what he can do again next year.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    1) Did you guys know that OKA aka Chucks is only 23...

    2) Concerning getting more draft picks, ( Don't know if it is legal or possible) would you trade Bud for a second or 3rd ( draft class sucks) and then allocate that $ and sign Clowney or Matthews, Chicko. I am sort of down on this idea, I am not even sure where I stand with Clowney. I think he is over rated, but comparing him to Bud I am not sure who is better and by how much. Matthews is older,but insurance to see what we really have with OLA and Skipper.
    hell no.

    not sure why some people think a future draft pick is better than proven NFL talent
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    hell no.

    not sure why some people think a future draft pick is better than proven NFL talent
    I don't think most, some, all say the pick will be a better player but they probably realize the money could be better used elsewhere.
    And if you aren't going to sign him long term, getting picks makes sense.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't think most, some, all say the pick will be a better player but they probably realize the money could be better used elsewhere.
    And if you aren't going to sign him long term, getting picks makes sense.
    NO... Not always. Steelers got a 3rd comp pick for Bell - no trade necessary.

    I would guess that if they can't sign Bud at their price, it'll be because someone put their eggs in that basket and paid him handsomely, netting at least a 4th rounder in the next draft.

    Meanwhile, ya tag him for one more season with Ben and crew to see how that pans out.

    If I had any questions (which they clearly do), a tag gives him a chance to prove his worth. If he doesn't? Enjoy the comp pick in 2022 draft. Cuz TJ's the better player and therefore a bigger priority.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2021 Mock Draft
    1. Jamie Newman, QB, UGA
    2. Jabril Cox, ILB, LSU

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    NO... Not always. Steelers got a 3rd comp pick for Bell - no trade necessary.

    I understand we still get comp, but my issue is getting that draft pick in this draft, not waiting for us to be awarded.

    I want Bud long term on this D. He is a good corner piece along with Watt, Bush , and Mikah.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."



  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I understand we still get comp, but my issue is getting that draft pick in this draft, not waiting for us to be awarded.

    I want Bud long term on this D. He is a good corner piece along with Watt, Bush , and Mikah.
    Exactly. A comp takes a year and you aren't even guaranteed it based on your potential signings.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •