Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prepare now for the future

Legend

User Info Menu

"Path to Draft" this morning predicted we take Lloyd Cushenberry at #49

Got to say that wouldn't be a sexy pick but probably a good one. He seems to be among best at his position and from everything I read a super high character guy that the team likes.

Could maybe start at Guard and keep Feiler at RT, then slide to Center in a year or two.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-07-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

I would run to the podium but if Cushenberry was available at 49, unless of course Baun or Ruiz we’re still available.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    I would run to the podium but if Cushenberry was available at 49, unless of course Baun or Ruiz we’re still available.
    Ditto that.

Cushenberry is my preference selection (as long as Ruiz isn't there) and when I put up my mock next week, he'll be my official pick at # 49
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    and from everything I read a super high character guy that the team likes.
    As we have seen over the last five or so years, this could be the factor that makes him the pick if available.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Steelers GM Kevin Colbert proposed that teams should be awarded three extra draft picks to offset any coronavirus restrictions.

Shoot your shot. The league's lack of available private workouts and visits to team facilities have obviously thrown some organizations for a loop, forcing much displeasure behind closed doors. While Colbert's suggestion that a 10-round draft would widen any margin for error isn't exactly false, it emphasizes some front office's prehistoric thought processes and pre-draft preparation when forced to evaluate outside the box. April's draft — a "fully virtual" experience — will undoubtedly result in multiple late-round and undrafted players being impacted by the entire process.

SOURCE: Manish Mehta on Twitter
    Apr 7, 2020, 12:04 PM ET
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]