James Lynch-DT-Baylor
    Tanner Muse-LB/S-Clemson
    James Proche-WR-SMU

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I can try and start. Perhaps others can add to my mind set

Team Player- Not an I player
    High Character- Highly respected- in image of Rooney (the Chief)
    Smart- Street Smarts on the field
    Blue- Collar- Meaning brings the lunch pale to work- Gets thru the day at training camp without complaining, gets his job done for the betterment of the team.

Sort of like a superior employee for any business, really. Never late, no excuses, etc.

Examples of a True Steeler vs one that is not:

Farrier, Ward- True Steelers
    Antonio Brown, Mendenhall - Not

Any adds....?
    "Lunch pale" is the first thing that comes to mind; hard worker who doesn't need pushed, one who wants to work hard, period. Not a selfish a hole.

Aaron Smith
    Brett Keisel
    Farrior
    Heath Miller
    Hines Ward
    Cam Heyward

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    "Lunch pale" is the first thing that comes to mind; hard worker who doesn't need pushed, one who wants to work hard, period. Not a selfish a hole.

Aaron Smith
    Brett Keisel
    Farrior
    Heath Miller
    Hines Ward
    Cam Heyward
    Nailed it. All 'Steelers'

And to add... They go in to the draft always trying to draft that steeler type, but people can change over time.

I'm sure when they drafted AB, they thought he was their type of player. Sometimes out of football situations, money, ego... some change.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Nailed it. All 'Steelers'

And to add... They go in to the draft always trying to draft that steeler type, but people can change over time.

I'm sure when they drafted AB, they thought he was their type of player. Sometimes out of football situations, money, ego... some change.
    AB was trouble even in college...It was well documented...The Steelers knew this

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Dermonti Dawson, Jeff Hartings-real Steelers
    Stupido Holmes-Not
    Can you tell me who in this draft are Steeler types?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dont you guys think every fan base, franchise, coach, owner etc all say the same thing about their draftees/players?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Here are 5 guys in this draft i would consider Steeler guys

Jalen Hurts-QB-Oklahoma
    Bradlee Annae-Edge-Utah
    James Lynch-DT-Baylor
    Tanner Muse-LB/S-Clemson
    James Proche-WR-SMU
    That's what I want to see. Thanks

Legend

User Info Menu

Iv’ e seen lynch and Proche and I agree with largo’s assessment on them.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    AB was trouble even in college...It was well documented...The Steelers knew this
    That's why they took him late. And boy oh boy did it pay off. Sure, it ended badly, but how many games was he crucial in a W? He was a beast.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    AB is the outlier. His work ethic screams blue collar Steelers type. His attitude and personality screams STAY AWAY.