Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'steeler type' of guy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

'steeler type' of guy

Every year, after we draft a guy, I hear numerous posters state, he's a 'steeler type'.
    For those of you who say that, can you explain to me what that means.
    I'm not being a d!ck. I really want to know.
    Seems like predicting our draft picks would be easier if we had a list of 'steeler types'.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Every year, after we draft a guy, I hear numerous posters state, he's a 'steeler type'.
    For those of you who say that, can you explain to me what that means.
    I'm not being a d!ck. I really want to know.
    Seems like predicting our draft picks would be easier if we had a list of 'steeler types'.
    without getting into the definition... heres my idea of "Steeler guys".... James Farrior, Heath Miller, Brett Keisel, Hines Ward, Greg Lloyd... the 70s Steel Curtain... and many others... Those are "Steeler types".

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    without getting into the definition... heres my idea of "Steeler guys".... James Farrior, Heath Miller, Brett Keisel, Hines Ward, Greg Lloyd... the 70s Steel Curtain... and many others... Those are "Steeler types".
    I get that, but as soon as a guy gets drafted, some label them as 'steeler types'.
    What characteristics do these guys have that qualifies them?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I get that, but as soon as a guy gets drafted, some label them as 'steeler types'.
    What characteristics do these guys have that qualifies them?
    thats a good question... and im afraid i dont know enough about most of these kids (in the draft) to call it one way or another.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    thats a good question... and im afraid i dont know enough about most of these kids (in the draft) to call it one way or another.
    True. I don't know either.
    I'm hoping that the ones that use that phrase will chime in and help the rest of us out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

True. I don't know either.
    I'm hoping that the ones that use that phrase will chime in and help the rest of us out.
    I can try and start. Perhaps others can add to my mind set

Team Player- Not an I player
    High Character- Highly respected- in image of Rooney (the Chief)
    Smart- Street Smarts on the field
    Blue- Collar- Meaning brings the lunch pale to work- Gets thru the day at training camp without complaining, gets his job done for the betterment of the team.

Sort of like a superior employee for any business, really. Never late, no excuses, etc.

Examples of a True Steeler vs one that is not:

Farrier, Ward- True Steelers
    Antonio Brown, Mendenhall - Not

Any adds....?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post

Blue- Collar- Meaning brings the lunch pale to work- Gets thru the day at training camp without complaining, gets his job done for the betterment of the team.

Sort of like a superior employee for any business, really. Never late, no excuses, etc.

Any adds....?
    well done

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Any adds....?
    Thanks. I appreciate your response.

Legend

User Info Menu

Any adds....?
    Dermonti Dawson, Jeff Hartings-real Steelers
    Stupido Holmes-Not

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Fans want everyone we draft to be a Steeler type of guy... a hard worker who makes plays when you need them the most or plays above and beyond their natural talent. Also willing to do the dirty work.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?