Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: George's 2020 MOCK 3

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Is a QB that lasts to pick 49 really going to be any less risky than a Rudolph?
    Most QB picks are risky past 10. Some before.
    I think Hurts ceiling is much higher than Rudolph's. Now that we that we got a chance to see him a lot.
    I can't ever recall a QB with his numbers still being available (in so many mock drafts) as Hurts is.
    With so many vet QBs moving, vets being replaced, decent/good vets available in FA, teams drafting QBs early, teams set at qb etc, it just seems like a really odd year for QBs.
    Maybe a perfect storm to have Hurts fall to us.
    I'm not a Hurts guy but I know we will need to find a franchise qb pretty quick. The timing feels right.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I think Hurts ceiling is much higher than Rudolph's. Now that we that we got a chance to see him a lot.
    I can't ever recall a QB with his numbers still being available (in so many mock drafts) as Hurts is.
    With so many vet QBs moving, vets being replaced, decent/good vets available in FA, teams drafting QBs early, teams set at qb etc, it just seems like a really odd year for QBs.
    I'm not a Hurts guy but I know we will need to find a franchise qb pretty quick. The timing feels right.

Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
    By CBS Sports Staff
    Mar 31, 2020 at 8:46 pm ET • 1 min read
    Draft Scouting Report:

Rating: 76

Strengths:
    Fast, evasive as a runner
    Accurate, throws with touch
    Quick learner

Weaknesses:
    Looks to tuck and run too quickly
    Throws off platform far too often
    Makes bad decisions, throwing into coverage
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’m a fan of his. Not really the best passer but seeing him lead Bama back to victory against Georgia in the SEC Championship when Tua went down was one of those made for TV movies.

Then he goes to Oklahoma and leads them to the playoffs while Bama missed out.

If needed next year his feet will be a blessing. Instant upgrade over Rudolph.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
    By CBS Sports Staff
    Mar 31, 2020 at 8:46 pm ET • 1 min read
    Draft Scouting Report:

Rating: 76

Strengths:
    Fast, evasive as a runner
    Accurate, throws with touch
    Quick learner

Weaknesses:
    Looks to tuck and run too quickly
    Throws off platform far too often
    Makes bad decisions, throwing into coverage
    "Makes bad decisions throwing into coverage"

Hurts needs some NFL coaching, but.....
    80/20 Career TD to INT. CBS draft team has really gone downhill since Chad Reuter and Rob Rang left. That profile is garbage.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I’m a fan of his. Not really the best passer but seeing him lead Bama back to victory against Georgia in the SEC Championship when Tua went down was one of those made for TV movies.

Then he goes to Oklahoma and leads them to the playoffs while Bama missed out.

If needed next year his feet will be a blessing. Instant upgrade over Rudolph.
    Exactly.
    We got a lot of young mobile QBs just in our division.
    A duel threat qb can really help the rbs and wrs on the team.
    I'm not a fan or a hater of Hurts. I actually would be fine taking him.
    A year or two developing his throws and decision making would work out perfect.
    Throwing him to the wolves could ruin him. Sitting would benefit everybody. I think.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers prove patient w/ developing QBs - Rudolph has shown far more promise than Landry Jones ever did and the Steelers stuck w/ JONES for a long time.

Having said that - the Steelers are also all in on BEN for the next 2 yrs. and will move forward w/ Rudolph as his #2
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Probably not. Which is why I don't draft one until later than that. If you don't get a QB in top 15, odds are bad they turn out. Ben was 11th. Bradshaw 1. And who has been worth spit in between? (Yea, yea, Brady was taken in 6th round, Montana in 3rd, but such is rare.)

Starter

User Info Menu

Exactly.
    We got a lot of young mobile QBs just in our division.
    A duel threat qb can really help the rbs and wrs on the team.
    I'm not a fan or a hater of Hurts. I actually would be fine taking him.
    A year or two developing his throws and decision making would work out perfect.
    Throwing him to the wolves could ruin him. Sitting would benefit everybody. I think.
    We are in "win now" mode with too many needs to take a QB with our 1st pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    We are in "win now" mode with too many needs to take a QB with our 1st pick.
    That's what I'm thinking as well. But stranger things have happened
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey yinz, I need some help,

How do I go and change the title of the topic to "ignore george's post topic and lets talk about a QB, who we are not going to draft"

Only the national press is trying to connect the dots, just like they keep saying Winston should come to the burgh. Lazy and ignorant reporting... NOT ONE LOCAL BEAT WRITERS ENDORSES THE IDEA.

Why would we waste draft capital in a draft where we are limited. When we took Mason we had a lot picks, limited positions to fill on the roster, and a veteran stacked team.

You want to draft him to play him in 2 years?

What if Ben comes back stronger, ( his body healed and arm is just as good) and decides to play another 3 years. In the mean time while you are waiting to develop the 5th best
    QB in an iffy QB class ( besides Burrows, are you sure Tua can be healthy, can you say Herbert has the killer instinct) its not like the draft class where Baker, Donald, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, Mason came out.

Let's talk about drafting a QB next year when we see how Ben plays, and we have more draft picks.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."