Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: George's 2020 MOCK 3

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

George's 2020 MOCK 3

I been meaning to make this new mock ever since the 1st week of free agency, but I keep on debating which is the strategy to go. This might be one of the hardest drafts to figure out for us in a long time. Other years we knew the immediate need, this year its all up in the air what position we need/want for value.

I am still uncertain that we should go this route.

Here is my 1st mock http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...highlight=mock this the mock were I just go all out for the trenches OL/DL and grab TE, ILB and P. ( check got Ebron, Wisiewnski, and Wormley)

Hereis my 2nd mock http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...eorge%27s+mock this the mmock were I go all in on setting the course for the running game, Get a C/G, RB, Big fast WR, ILB, FB and block TE. ( Check we got Wisiewski, Watt and and sort of a big WR in Ebron)

So now on to my 3rd mock, Some may say too defensive heavy. I want to add to add depth, speed, and push the starters on D, add insurance and future at RB, and capitalize on the WR depth that will fall.

2) Winfield S, Min
    3) Moss RB, Utah
    4) *Hamilton DL, OSU
    4) Gay ILB, Miss St.
    6) **Cleveland WR, FL
    7) *Gage Cervenka, C/G Clemson

*Usually draft player we took at FA
    **consider Sullivan, TE LSU - he is a big WR/ TE ( plays similar to Ebron . )

Thoughts:

Winfield is a ballhawk, can play FS and SS, back up Minkah, 3 safety sets Edmunds can play closer to LOS and Edmunds can not go into camp without competition. Strength becomes even stronger.

The Defense would be more faster and have depth and flexibility, all 3 of the rookie D players would be pushing for snaps. Provides for the future.

As for offense we have 2 players who can push for playing time. I really wanted a dynamic WR in the 2nd, but the 3rd safety to me becomes a bigger hole than just pushing DJ18 or Washington as 4TH WR. The same for RB early. The gap from Fitz/Edmunds to Dangerfield is too big. And not sure you can find a 3rd FS in the 3rd round.

Yes, we are starting to crack on the offensive line, but I think we are ok for this year have enough depth and flexibility to cover all holes. Just adding a Ben should correct all.

I know would be hard press passing on a WR like Raegor, Aiyuk, who might be there. Same as Taylor, CEH, Akers.

Last edited by steeler_george; 04-02-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

I've just seen another Mock that has us taken Jalen Hurts. I wonder what Colbert is really thinking in regards to these Quarterbacks.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I've just seen another Mock that has us taken Jalen Hurts. I wonder what Colbert is really thinking in regards to these Quarterbacks.
    Those are just lazy mocks...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm kinda all over the place with this draft. I was totally against a rb with our first pick but I can understand it with the win now with Ben thought.
    I still am against a wr with that pick. We drafted several early the last few years. Time to develop them.
    I was against a QB but read something that makes sense regarding Hurts.
    Might be the perfect situation to draft and develop him for 2 years to replace Ben. It doesn't look like Rudolph can be that guy. Our division has/will have young stud mobile QBs for the next decade. Might be time to grab ours that in drafts past wouldn't be available where we draft in the second.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm kinda all over the place with this draft. I was totally against a rb with our first pick but I can understand it with the win now with Ben thought.
    I still am against a wr with that pick. We drafted several early the last few years. Time to develop them.
    I was against a QB but read something that makes sense regarding Hurts.
    Might be the perfect situation to draft and develop him for 2 years to replace Ben. It doesn't look like Rudolph can be that guy. Our division has/will have young stud mobile QBs for the next decade. Might be time to grab ours that in drafts past wouldn't be available where we draft in the second.
    I disagree, the same case could be made for drafting Mason then, when we were in win now mode. What if we never traded up for Mason, and kept Landry and Dobbs. Same can be said for wasting a pick on a QB, who says Ben is done. Even if Herbert was there I wouldn't take him, just saying.

Back to the topic of post...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I'm sure he's thinking about trading away all of our draft picks for the next couple of seasons so we can draft Trevor Lawrence...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I been meaning to make this new mock ever since the 1st week of free agency, but I keep on debating which is the strategy to go. This might be one of the hardest drafts to figure out for us in a long time. Other years we knew the immediate need, this year its all up in the air what position we need/want for value.

I am still uncertain that we should go this route.

Here is my 1st mock http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...highlight=mock this the mock were I just go all out for the trenches OL/DL and grab TE, ILB and P. ( check got Ebron, Wisiewnski, and Wormley)

Hereis my 2nd mock http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...eorge%27s+mock this the mmock were I go all in on setting the course for the running game, Get a C/G, RB, Big fast WR, ILB, FB and block TE. ( Check we got Wisiewski, Watt and and sort of a big WR in Ebron)

So now on to my 3rd mock, Some may say too defensive heavy. I want to add to add depth, speed, and push the starters on D, add insurance and future at RB, and capitalize on the WR depth that will fall.

2) Winfield S, Min
    3) Moss RB, Utah
    4) *Hamilton DL, OSU
    4) Gay ILB, Miss St.
    6) **Cleveland WR, FL
    7) *Gage Cervenka, C/G Clemson

*Usually draft player we took at FA
    **consider Sullivan, TE LSU - he is a big WR/ TE ( plays similar to Ebron . )

Thoughts:

Winfield is a ballhawk, can play FS and SS, back up Minkah, 3 safety sets Edmunds can play closer to LOS and Edmunds can not go into camp without competition. Strength becomes even stronger.

The Defense would be more faster and have depth and flexibility, all 3 of the rookie D players would be pushing for snaps. Provides for the future.

As for offense we have 2 players who can push for playing time. I really wanted a dynamic WR in the 2nd, but the 3rd safety to me becomes a bigger hole than just pushing DJ18 or Washington as 4TH WR. The same for RB early. The gap from Fitz/Edmunds to Dangerfield is too big. And not sure you can find a 3rd FS in the 3rd round.

Yes, we are starting to crack on the offensive line, but I think we are ok for this year have enough depth and flexibility to cover all holes. Just adding a Ben should correct all.

I know would be hard press passing on a WR like Raegor, Aiyuk, who might be there. Same as Taylor, CEH, Akers.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I don't see us going S, with our `st pick (albeit in the 2nd round) when we have TWO FIRST ROUNDERS Ss IN THEIR PRIME already on the roster. Yes, I don't think Edmunds is all that good, but this team is slow to admit to high, bad draft picks (you decide why).

They probably will add a DB at some point, because if Dangerfield ends up on the field with the D, we in trouble.

I prefer they go BPA, a difference maker in year 1, at OL, DL, ILB or RB. They may throw a major curve ball and go Hurt. Not crazy with that idea.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record, but I don't see us going S, with our `st pick (albeit in the 2nd round) when we have TWO FIRST ROUNDERS Ss IN THEIR PRIME already on the roster. Yes, I don't think Edmunds is all that good, but this team is slow to admit to high, bad draft picks (you decide why).

They probably will add a DB at some point, because if Dangerfield ends up on the field with the D, we in trouble.

I prefer they go BPA, a difference maker in year 1, at OL, DL, ILB or RB. They may throw a major curve ball and go Hurt. Not crazy with that idea.
    I agree, itís hard to imagine safety at 49. Thatís why I posted the thread on Tedric Thompson recently. He has mostly started when healthy, would be cheap, and can play either safety spot. Heís young and would be an upgrade over those backups we have and gives us the chance to draft a safety late to develop.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

I think you right, but same case can be made for drafting a WR early, the past 3 years they invested highly in that postion. But like I said, they need someone to push him and I am not sure anyone could after the 3rd round. And it is not even given that a top safety will be available after 2.49. MIght have to trade back or trade up in the 3rd to take a safety available to do that.

I would love if possible trade back and receive a late 2nd and a mid-late 3rd.

2nd late Pittman WR-Akers RB-
    3mid- Davis S
    3rd Com-Moss RB- Duvernay WR

or something like that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is a QB that lasts to pick 49 really going to be any less risky than a Rudolph?