Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pgh has best WR unit in the NFL

Starter

User Info Menu

Pgh has best WR unit in the NFL

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/31/steelers-diontae-johnson-feels-team-has-best-wide-receivers-group-in-the-league

Well, according to DJ, any how. Is he that far off? I feel many are evaluating our WRs with the colossal ineptness of last year's passing game in mind, but they are forgetting we had a 4th string QB throwing to them, and the best (JuJu) was hurt much of the last part of the season. I do think the trio of JuJu, DJ and Washington is underrated.

DJ produced as a rookie with a "duck" throwing to him. Imagine what he may do this year with Ben (crossing fingers) and JuJu on the field to pull coverage away? JuJu may not be a true #1 (we don't really know) but he's not dog crap. He is a baller when healthy and with a legit QB throwing to him. Washington came on last year, and could really produce now with Ben.

Johnson knows with everyone healthy, the sky is the limit. “We got a big year,” said Johnson. “Our whole receiving corps, anybody can make plays. That’s just how good our receiving group is. I feel like we got the best receiving group in the league.”

Legend

User Info Menu

All that is one big question mark; at least until we see what Ben is bringing to the table.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

agreed. i dont see the need to draft a wr until after olb, ilb, ot, g/c, rb and s
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

the best WR unit in the NFL?

that's a reach...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

that's a reach...
    I think Tom Brady would agree with you.

Starter

User Info Menu

that's a reach...
    Name the better ones. (Not saying you can't but please do.)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hell no. We don’t have anyone that puts fear into our opponents.

So many other teams have better WR’s than us right now.

Doesn’t mean they have a better team but the WR’s on teams like Cleveland, Tampa, KC, Atlanta... are much better than ours right now.

people don’t want to admit it but AB made our WR crew so much better. Until someone steps up and demands real attention we aren’t going to see them do great things.

and yes, this could all change once Ben comes back but we looked like trash with Ben and this bunch vs the Pats last year.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

that's a reach...
    we don’t have the best unit in our division.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesn't matter how good they might be.
    Without an NFL level QB throwing the ball.
    If Roethlisberger isn't a go it could be a very average receiver corp.
    Remember the game that Roethlisberger was out and AB played? Looked very ordinary.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 04-01-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mayeb they could be with Raegor or Mimms or with Auijy (sp)...
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."