Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CIN Selects Burrow

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    And that's what makes him so good. Troy Aikman was the same way. That's who Burrow reminds me of. Aikman was accurate as hell in a 20 yard radius. Arm Strength is not as important as accuracy. Which is why I think Lamar Jackson is going to fall flat on his face in the coming season.

Read this entire story and see jackson's numbers; Lamar Jackson is smoke and mirrors in my book.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-deep-throws/

I believe in Borrow long term more than Jackson.
    3rd years the charm? lmao.

You’ve been predicting this for 2 whole years. I think at some point Lamar will have a regular season like most QB’s. As of now he is 20-4 as a starter. That’s going to be hard to maintain but I think you even admitted the Ravens would own the division the next few years based on their play and draft picks.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    but.. Burrow went on to win the Heisman and a Championship. Not sure how him leaving breaking records and winning a ton of awards would make you a skeptic.
    So did Leinart, another dude who blows up with a seriously talented team around him. As for Baker Mayfield I agree and I wasn't high on him either. I do believe he will be better than Baker. I'm just ready to believe Burrows is the next big super star hall of famer yall are quite yet.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    So did Leinart, another dude who blows up with a seriously talented team around him. As for Baker Mayfield I agree and I wasn't high on him either. I do believe he will be better than Baker. I'm just ready to believe Burrows is the next big super star hall of famer yall are quite yet.
    Leinart changed teams in college? Didn’t know that.

I don’t think anyone said Burrows is a Hofer our the gate. I think it’s more so thinking he will solidify the franchise QB position for the Bengals.

When you aren’t rotating QB’s and can focus on building around a franchise QB it makes it much easier to build a team.

I think part of the problem with Leinart was the rumor he wanted to be a TV star more than an NFL QB. Plus he lacked leadership skills, was said to be lazy and had that nonchalant Cali vibe that rubbed coaches the wrong way. Just like the kid from UCLA he keeps bouncing around.

The reason I think Burrows will be a problem is the guy looks and sounded like a leader during his last season. Plus anytime they needed a big play Burrows delivered whether it was a perfect pass, a scramble and pass or just using his feet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Far enough. I feel the same about LJ that you feel about Burrow.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Lamar Jackson won the NFL MVP award this past season.

you just can't admit you have been wrong about him for the last two years, can you?
    Maniac is right. Jackson is not all that great of a passing QB. He is more of a game manager when it comes to passing. It's pretty clear he won MVP due to his rushing game. He was bottom of the league in pass attempts. Most people agree that the way he played last season is not sustainable long term.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Maniac is right. Jackson is not all that great of a passing QB. He is more of a game manager when it comes to passing. It's pretty clear he won MVP due to his rushing game. He was bottom of the league in pass attempts. Most people agree that the way he played last season is not sustainable long term.

Thank you Northcoast. After you see his numbers in the link I posted, everything I've said about him is correct. Which is why both the Chargers & Titans sat on his passing game between the hash marks because he can't pass outside the hash marks. His Wr's catches were amoung the lowest in the league.

Vince Young won rookie of the year; So did Michael Vick. All of the experts were saying the same things about them that they were saying about LJ last year. The league gets film and sees these deficiencies and then those QB's are fazed out as starters.

It happened to Vick
    It happened to Tebow
    It happened to Vince Young

and others over the years. They start out as shooting stars and fizzle away after they get exposed. We will be in great position to win the division this year when LJ crashes back to earth. Provided our O-line comes through as we expect.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 05-29-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    3rd years the charm? lmao.

Youíve been predicting this for 2 whole years.
    Steel Maniac is good for at least one laugh a day.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think that’s a basic view of Jackson. Does it really matter how he is winning? Reminds me of people who complained when Ben was winning games with 17 pass attempts a game. It’s foolish to think you have to play the game one way in 2020.

He had over 3,000 passing yards and 36 TD’s and 6 INT’s with a passer rating of 113.

We all know the offense he is in suits his style of play and IMO as long as he stays healthy they are going to keep putting up points and dominating time of possession.

Will it result in a SB? Who knows.. but the bigger problem is we have to find a way to win the division and right now it goes through Baltimore.

He’s not going to play this way for 15 years but in the mean time? He’s a problem and he’s only 23. Everyone says Lamar puts in the work. That’s the difference IMO.

I think it comes down to keeping the same OC or same O and slowly transitioning him to more of a pocket passer if they decide to stick with him long term.

I just can’t buy the whole “Mike Vick/Vince Young” comparison because Mike admitted he didn’t put in any of the work needed to develop as a QB until he got with Andy Reid. Vince Young wasn’t the smartest guy but he also had to deal with the most mediocre coach in the NFL.

VY still had a winning record as a starting QB too. He was just coddled by family and refused to turn the corner as a QB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Thank you Northcoast. After you see his numbers in the link I posted, everything I've said about him is correct. Which is why both the Chargers & Titans sat on his passing game between the hash marks because he can't pass outside the hash marks. His Wr's catches were amoung the lowest in the league.

Vince Young won rookie of the year; So did Michael Vick. All of the experts were saying the same things about them that they were saying about LJ last year. The league gets film and sees these deficiencies and then those QB's are fazed out as starters.

It happened to Vick
    It happened to Tebow
    It happened to Vince Young

and others over the years. They start out as shooting stars and fizzle away after they get exposed. We will be in great position to win the division this year when LJ crashes back to earth. Provided our O-line comes through as we expect.
    Tebow was never good. He had like 5 good passes as an NFL player. Unfortunately 4 of them were against Ike in the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maniac isn't right, he has been saying for over two years now that LJ won't be and isn't a good QB.

LJ had 3,127 passing yards with 36 TD’s and only 6 INT’s with a passer rating of 113, while rushing for 1206 yards and 7 more TDs.

LJ was the NFL's MVP last year, Maniac is about as wrong as wrong can be.