Thread: CIN Selects Burrow

Legend

User Info Menu

CIN Selects Burrow

Pretty much universal opinion on Cincinnati's pick.
    Does this spell agony for the Steelers for the next 10 yrs?

Am reading a few skeptics opinions that Burrow's college record isn't 'can't miss ' because he only had one year of great success.

Discuss.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Will be interesting to see if he can do it without his OC. That dude transformed the offense overnight and sparked something crazy in Burrows.

That kid can ball. He’s the real deal but I don’t know if it’s actually due to his arm or just being in an offense that exposed defenses.

What concerns me is I’ve seen Joe Burrow take some serious shots and still get up and continue to fight. He’s also good at extending plays. I’m more worried about him than Baker Mayfield.

Best thing tho is these 2 franchises have a hard time shaking off the loser stench built up over the years.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

David Klingler and Akili Smith were both pretty good in college too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    David Klingler and Akili Smith were both pretty good in college too.
    Exactly. Hoping that Burrows imitates both those guys.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Will be interesting to see if he can do it without his OC. That dude transformed the offense overnight and sparked something crazy in Burrows.

That kid can ball. He’s the real deal but I don’t know if it’s actually due to his arm or just being in an offense that exposed defenses.

What concerns me is I’ve seen Joe Burrow take some serious shots and still get up and continue to fight. He’s also good at extending plays. I’m more worried about him than Baker Mayfield.

Best thing tho is these 2 franchises have a hard time shaking off the loser stench built up over the years.
    He's been roughed up in college. 70 sacks in two seasons at LSU. Not now, but eventually those take a toll.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He goes through his progressions quick. He makes good decisions. Has a pro arm. He feels pressure well. That is something that can be taught but is hard to teach you kinda got it or you don't n he seems to have that as well. So overall he looks very good. We'll have to see. Lets keep getting our D better n let the chips fall.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The kid can ball - but the simple truth is, he's going to a weak and cheap organization. He'll get paid his money of course, but the bungles are a team that is tight with a nickel. I think that makes a huge impact. Little things like practicing out doors all year long, teammates knowing the organization isn't committed to winning, just making a profit means they don't hang it out there and go the extra mile. lot's of 'business decisions' as Deion likes to say.

Nope. Teams like Cincy are where potentially great players have the life sucked out of them until the shell of their potential finally collapses and they're shipped off to maybe have a brief period of redemption like Carson did in Arizona.

As long a Mike Clown is running the show - I don't give a rat's a$$ who the bungles draft. It likely won't matter.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!