Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Position of Need

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Position of Need

I was going to make a chart showing positions and which players are in last year of contract, which players in which we can upgrade. But got to lazy to make complete it. ( this lock down makes you lazy!)

Sorry for the bad post...

I wanted to pointed that our team as starters looks pretty good/solid to amazing on paper. Depends on package we run most 2 TE, 3 wide, Fullback? Base, Nickle, Dime... ( which one do you think we will run more of?)

It is the depth ( especially on D, and future in 2021 ( DBs/Tackles/ WR1/RB1) that is the question. ( something we all knew)
    Last edited by steeler_george; 03-31-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I was going to make a chart showing positions and which players are in last year of contract, which players in which we can upgrade. But got to lazy to make complete it. ( this lock down makes you lazy!)

I wanted to pointed that our team as starters looks pretty good/solid to amazing on paper. Depends on package we run most 2 TE, 3 wide, Fullback? Base, Nickle, Dime... ( which one do you think we will run more of?)

It is the depth ( especially on D, and future in 2021 ( DBs/Tackles/ WR1/RB1) that is the question. ( something we all knew)
    I think we are really weak at ILB. Williams is not built for today's NFL. If Bush got hurt it would be a disaster.

I also think we need to find our future Center who have the flexibility to challenge to start at Guard for a year or two

We also need a WR who can stretch the field.

The other positions I think we can add for depth

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we are really weak at ILB. Williams is not built for today's NFL. If Bush got hurt it would be a disaster.

I also think we need to find our future Center who have the flexibility to challenge to start at Guard for a year or two

The other positions I think we can add for depth
    Ovi, I can't debate you on any of your points; they are all solid. But I also feel that way on a lot of what George is saying as well. This is a year that it would be really nice to have a couple of picks in the second and 3rd rounds to adequately address these areas of need.

Don't get me wrong; I see us having a good to great draft but like all drafts, you miss a lot on later picks so with that in mind, I just wish we had more upper round draft picks. I'm really anxious to see what we do in the second wave of free agency to further help our depth issues.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If Juju, Washington and Johnson are all healthy, I think we can stretch the field somewhat with one or more of them. But I agree, it would be really nice to add more speed.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think C/G at #49, unless one of the top RBs fall.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    If Juju, Washington and Johnson are all healthy, I think we can stretch the field somewhat with one or more of them. But I agree, it would be really nice to add more speed.
    I agree. I don't think we are completely void of deep speed with those 3 but it would be icing on the cake if we had a real burner, and they will most likely add one, but not too early.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I think C/G at #49, unless one of the top RBs fall.
    I'm seeing that too, though recent history tells me that it'll be a LB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Need. Who cares about need?
    I was told we always draft bpa.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post

I think Colin Cowherd had us ranked as 8th most-talented team on paper today (players only - coaches, front office not included). I think that's about right. He had Balt. 1, Browns 6, but said Browns will underachieve due to instability and all new HC, OC, DC, etc.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Colbert did well covering our glaring needs. It just seems hard to cover all our "needs/wants" with only 6 picks, 1 in the top 100.

I didn't want to make a 1 -2-3 list of needs.

One need I want to rank high is 1 or 2 skill position, we need upgrade either at RB or WR. Need speed, big play makers, and most importantly TD makers!

I also have more concerns about our DBs, particularly the 3rd safety in 2020 and who is going to be on roster in 2021. Only have Layne, Nelson, Minka, and Edmunds on roster for 2021.

Other concern is ILB, who is going to compliment Bush going forward, and where is our depth.

OL needs retooling too, but we are versitile for 2020. 2021 and beyond is the problem.

I think if we can soildify the D, 1-2 player deep, then we can party in 2020.

Could this be mostly a D of draft? S, DL, LB, 1 OL, and 2 skill.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."