Thread: Bradshaw to Ben

Backup

User Info Menu

Bradshaw to Ben

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/23/terry-bradshaw-ben-roethlisberger-advice

I only listen to half of what TB says (because he's an attention seeker). But I wonder if he took a year off if he really could have played a few more years...not that it would have mattered, that team was toast by 1983. RBs - old Franco, Abercrombie; WRs - Stallworth, Sweeney, Capers, Garrity; DL - Goodman, Beasley, Dunn.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bradshaw was at the top of his game both physically, but especially mentally, when the elbow derailed his career. If not for the injury, and the way it was handled, I think the Steelers may have contended for a couple more Super Bowls, at least.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Bradshaw was at the top of his game both physically, but especially mentally, when the elbow derailed his career. If not for the injury, and the way it was handled, I think the Steelers may have contended for a couple more Super Bowls, at least.
    I remember him looking good against the Jets, throwing for a couple TD's before he left the game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I really don't think so. That team was getting old. They may have been competitive, but I doubt a real contender.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I really don't think so. That team was getting old. They may have been competitive, but I doubt a real contender.
    Well, of course, we'll never know ... but in 1983, they took their division crown, winning 10 games (only one of which Bradshaw played in, his last game). In the divisional playoff game, they lost to a tough Raiders team, who ended up winning the Super Bowl that year. I have to think if they'd had a healthy Bradshaw at QB, instead of Cliff Stoudt, they'd have been significantly better on offense. The next year, 1984, they went to the AFCC with Mark Frickin' Malone at QB -- again, hard to fathom they wouldn't have been quite a bit better with Brad under center.
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-24-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I remember him looking good against the Jets, throwing for a couple TD's before he left the game.
    I was young but remember that game well. It was in old Shea Stadium and Calvin Sweeney caught Bradshaw’s last TD. My Dad has a feeling his career was over after leaving the game.