Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Players to trade up for

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I believe the other Georgia T Wilson would be more on our radar and he should be taken about end of round 2. A player we could trade back a few picks for perhaps get another 4th or 5th and nail down a really good right tackle. Feiler or Banner can kick inside and AV stays a Steeler imho.
    not a bad call; pick up a pick too. Not bad. I like your greediness in trying to add more picks. If they did that, then I'd look for them to make a definite move for a RB in the 3rd round.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-24-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    not a bad call; pick up a pick too. Not bad. I like your greediness in trying to add more picks. If they did that, then I'd look for them to make a definite move for a RB in the 3rd round.
    Would you take that risk in losing out on a RB by the time we pick at 102, which is practically a 4th round pick? All those teams passed on RB in 1st and 2nd, they might not pass again in 3rd round.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Would you take that risk in losing out on a RB by the time we pick at 102, which is practically a 4th round pick? All those teams passed on RB in 1st and 2nd, they might not pass again in 3rd round.
    If RB is really a high priority for Colbert, then they won't wait that long. But if they traded back a bit in the 2nd round and picked up an additional 3rd round pick that was much higher then our current 3rd round pick, they could pull the trigger on a guy like Akers then.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't see how the Steelers could manage a trade up and unless the guy can contribute instantly I don't see them making a move. Some are saying ILB is a gaping hole but that is only based on missing a proven player.
    And there will be FAs available as teams go through cuts if all you want is experience.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I can't see how the Steelers could manage a trade up and unless the guy can contribute instantly I don't see them making a move. Some are saying ILB is a gaping hole but that is only based on missing a proven player.
    And there will be FAs available as teams go through cuts if all you want is experience.
    I don't see it. Between VW and Bush, they have starters. I would expect a veteran FA (in case Bush isn't ready) plus a mid-rounder for depth.

The team has done a great job at putting itself in a decent place after losses.
    Given the losses, I could see an OL or two in the draft, even after Wisnewski
    Ebron made TE a lock.

IMO, I don't see Bud getting a long-term deal until after the draft. If they find a replacement, he's one-and-done. If they don't, they'll try to do something longer term.

after that, pretty much everything is open for BPA selections
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Lloyd Cushenberry, G/C, LSU
    3. Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise
    4a. Jordan Elliott, NT, Missouri
    4b. Brandon Jones, S, Texas
    6. Evan Weaver, ILB, Cal
    Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I don't see it. Between VW and Bush, they have starters. I would expect a veteran FA (in case Bush isn't ready) plus a mid-rounder for depth.

The team has done a great job at putting itself in a decent place after losses.
    Given the losses, I could see an OL or two in the draft, even after Wisnewski
    Ebron made TE a lock.

IMO, I don't see Bud getting a long-term deal until after the draft. If they find a replacement, he's one-and-done. If they don't, they'll try to do something longer term.

after that, pretty much everything is open for BPA selections
    I really doubt they get a player in Round 3 or 4 that would preclude them trying to sign Dupree to a long term deal. Why would they take the risk that an unproven middle round rookie could get them double digit sacks. That kinda thinking could put us in the do loop of being forced to draft potential starting ROLB early in every draft like we did for way too many years. We finally found one, lets do everything reasonable we can to keep him.

Starter

User Info Menu

Find a replacement in the draft? It would be lovely if we found another awesome OLB in this draft. You know what would be better tho?

Sticking with the guy you invested in AND drafting a great player at ANOTHER position of need!
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Find a replacement in the draft? It would be lovely if we found another awesome OLB in this draft. You know what would be better tho?

Sticking with the guy you invested in AND drafting a great player at ANOTHER position of need!
    don't disagree... but, ya gotta make the money work somehow with all the guys they have... sometimes, it's simply a math equation that you have to balance.

2020 Draft
    6. Evan Weaver, ILB, Cal

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I really doubt they get a player in Round 3 or 4 that would preclude them trying to sign Dupree to a long term deal. Why would they take the risk that an unproven middle round rookie could get them double digit sacks. That kinda thinking could put us in the do loop of being forced to draft potential starting ROLB early in every draft like we did for way too many years. We finally found one, lets do everything reasonable we can to keep him.
    they do have a 2nd rounder, right? still it's unlikely to find an OLB that starts as a rook - that's rare.

2020 Draft
    6. Evan Weaver, ILB, Cal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This is all based on the presumption that Dupree's emergence was a product of his own growth as a pass rusher and not a product of those around him.
    At this point I am not convinced of the former and it's quite a coincidence his improvement coincided with others around him.