Thread: Steeler Nation Radio

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steeler Nation Radio

I am addicted too this radio station, who else listens to it? https://www.steelers.com/audio/steelers-nation-radio/

So informative....

about present, future, and past

The best is listening to Dale Lolley and Matt Williams on "the drive" ....It is sort of mind blowing how much insight they have., and it rarely makes it to text formats.

Example, they were discussing the NT position, and they both were in agreement that the 300 pound run stopping NT is dead in the new area of the NFL , and to be used only in cetain situations like goal line.

For those on twitter, follow all 3.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I'm not sure management feels that way because we had a good, penetrating NT in Hargrave and they decided to let him go; so based on the actions of management, they don't feel that way.

From Profootball Focus:

Hargrave was one of the more underrated free agents on the market. This is a really good get for the Eagles, pairing him with Fletcher Cox and Malik Jackson on the interior, likely ending Timmy Jernigan's time with Philly. Hargrave, 27, was Pro Football Focus' No. 12 interior lineman among 119 qualifiers last season when he registered four sacks and played strong run defense next to Cameron Heyward.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Well, I'm not sure management feels that way because we had a good, penetrating NT in Hargrave and they decided to let him go; so based on the actions of management, they don't feel that way.

From Profootball Focus:

Hargrave was one of the more underrated free agents on the market. This is a really good get for the Eagles, pairing him with Fletcher Cox and Malik Jackson on the interior, likely ending Timmy Jernigan's time with Philly. Hargrave, 27, was Pro Football Focus' No. 12 interior lineman among 119 qualifiers last season when he registered four sacks and played strong run defense next to Cameron Heyward.
    Exactly, Hargrave was a penetrating NT (more a 4-3DL_, not a huge run stopping NT. He was good against the run, but we even were bitching that we were soft in recent years against the run. Those days of Casey Hampton NT are done.

I didn't mean to sway from the main topic of SNR which is a great source of steeler insider news.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

I listen to SNR every chance I get.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I listen to SNR every chance I get.
    ok with no sports and really sick of tv I been listening a lot to The Drive with Dale Lolley ( steeler beat writer) and Mat Williams ( was ex talent scout, on SNR, close to steelers) they said they might do this again.

https://www.steelers.com/audio/the-drive-march-27-2020

They did a mock draft on fanspick site... pretty interesting words and picks:

2) Reogar WR TCU ( Dobbins and Akers were there)- upgrade over Washington, more "juice"
    3) Davis, FS C - fast 3 S tandom, great depth
    4) Gay LB Miss St
    4) Hamilton DL OSU
    6) Kelly RB UCLA
    7) Tuscka ND State

Comments were Colbert set up the draft got BPA, team got faster and deeper with these picks, better on ST, can live with the OL how is now, might need some min vets FA, offense depends all on Ben. EDge in 2-3 all flawed.