Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: RB in the draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Okay....

But I wish whoever is telling our business to everybody please shut up. I don't want another "Willie Jackson" draft scenario where everybody and their mother knows who we are taking if given the chance.
    Unlike some on the board, I promise you that I have no delusion that any one in the NFL of importance or in a decision making listens to me

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay....

But I wish whoever is telling our business to everybody please shut up. I don't want another "Willie Jackson" draft scenario where everybody and their mother knows who we are taking if given the chance.
    you are fricken delusional if you actually believe anything said on this board is listened to by other NFL teams...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Unlike some on the board, I promise you that I have no delusion that any one in the NFL of importance or in a decision making listens to me
    I don't know; seems you did your homework with Colbert on Akers. And there seems to be a consensus now in Steeler nation based on you and Colbert's analysis. Were you in agreement with him on Willie Jackson that year as well?
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you are fricken delusional if you actually believe anything said on this board is listened to by other NFL teams...
    I have first hand information that the Steelers scouts read this board and use our Research on who to draft.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I have first hand information that the Steelers scouts read this board and use our Research on who to draft.
    that's because you're Mike Tomlin and I'm Kevin Colbert, or is it the other way around?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm jumping into this late, but I'd absolutely take a running back in the second if the right guy was available. It's probably the best chance of finding an impact player. Six of the top twelve RBs in yardage last year were second round picks. Bell was a second round pick. The position overall is so devalued in the draft that you can find an impact player in the second. I don't think you can count on Conner to be healthy. Samuels is just a guy. Snell showed some flashes but I'm not convinced that he's the answer. This is a position that can be upgraded.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'd like Cam Akers in the 3rd, but likely we don't go RB until a round or two later. OL, ILB and DT are all higher priorities
    Do you think Akers will last until the 3rd? Some mocks have him rated higher than Jonathan Taylor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Do you think Akers will last until the 3rd? Some mocks have him rated higher than Jonathan Taylor.
    It would be crazy if Taylor were on the board when we selected. I don't see him getting past the Dolphins or Chargers in the top of the second round. Akers may be gone by then too.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay....

inside the Baltimore Ravens draft room:

HC: "hey, I read on this random Steelers message board that the Steelers are interested in Cam Akers."

GM: "We better take him then"

HC: "Yeah"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    inside the Baltimore Ravens draft room:

HC: "hey, I read on this random Steelers message board that the Steelers are interested in Cam Akers."

GM: "We better take him then"

HC: "Yeah"
    lmao.. I really hope no one on here thinks their post have influence.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?