Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RB in the draft

Legend

User Info Menu

I have to admit that the more I read about Akers the more I like him. I see why he was interviewed. And watching him on YouTube just confirms the talk. He looks to be the real deal.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Thats a very interesting post...and one that id agree with wholeheartedly.
    It does leave one to question, however... where that puts Bell in terms of this year's lack of production. Like you said, "Great RBs can make something out of nothing" ie Barry Sanders.
    Did you really just ask me why Bell on the Jets last year wasnít like... Barry freaking Sanders?

I think itís time for you to go outside and get some fresh air.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-30-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Did you really just ask me why Bell on the Jets last year wasn’t like... Barry freaking Sanders?

I think it’s time for you to go outside and get some fresh air.
    Ok, the example he chose wasn't a great one but the question still holds. If Bell was all that, why couldn't he shine regardless of a trashy OL? It's a bit sad that he could have gone into the books as an all time great one, but in his pursuit of riches he will probably end up as just another good RB.
    As the saying goes "we are a product of our decisions".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Did you really just ask me why Bell on the Jets last year wasnít like... Barry freaking Sanders?

I think itís time for you to go outside and get some fresh air.
    no.. Barry sanders is an example of a RB who can make something out of nothing.

Bell, thus far... is not

Legend

User Info Menu

and yea.. i should have left Sanders out of it.. hes in a different league..

Legend

User Info Menu

The Athletic's Ed Bouchette "fully expects" the Steelers to draft a running back with James Conner headed into his contract year.

"I don’t think they will sign Conner to a new contract this year as he enters the final year of his rookie deal," writes Bouchette. Conner was extremely disappointing last season as the clear-cut No. 1 back following the departure of Le'Veon Bell, and injuries were the root of the problem. He just couldn't stay healthy and has missed nine games in the two years Bell hasn't been on the team. Conner's yards-per-carry average dipped from 4.5 in 2018 to a pedestrian 4.0 last year, and he scored eight fewer rushing touchdowns while averaging nearly 30 fewer rushing yards per game. Conner is going to have to stay out of the training room and on the field if he wants a big-money deal. The Steelers also need to upgrade on Jaylen Samuels, Benny Snell, and Kerrith Whyte behind Conner.

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Mar 30, 2020, 2:08 PM ET
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    The Athletic's Ed Bouchette "fully expects" the Steelers to draft a running back with James Conner headed into his contract year.

"I don’t think they will sign Conner to a new contract this year as he enters the final year of his rookie deal," writes Bouchette. Conner was extremely disappointing last season as the clear-cut No. 1 back following the departure of Le'Veon Bell, and injuries were the root of the problem. He just couldn't stay healthy and has missed nine games in the two years Bell hasn't been on the team. Conner's yards-per-carry average dipped from 4.5 in 2018 to a pedestrian 4.0 last year, and he scored eight fewer rushing touchdowns while averaging nearly 30 fewer rushing yards per game. Conner is going to have to stay out of the training room and on the field if he wants a big-money deal. The Steelers also need to upgrade on Jaylen Samuels, Benny Snell, and Kerrith Whyte behind Conner.

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Mar 30, 2020, 2:08 PM ET
    Maybe Akers IS on the way to being a Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I have to admit that the more I read about Akers the more I like him. I see why he was interviewed. And watching him on YouTube just confirms the talk. He looks to be the real deal.
    My favorite RB pick

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Ok, the example he chose wasn't a great one but the question still holds. If Bell was all that, why couldn't he shine regardless of a trashy OL? It's a bit sad that he could have gone into the books as an all time great one, but in his pursuit of riches he will probably end up as just another good RB.
    As the saying goes "we are a product of our decisions".
    going to a new team like the Jets after sitting out a year?

I don’t think Barry Sanders would look too hot if he went to a different team with a new HC after sitting out a year.

Barry was a totally different back.

If there is a season this year I would expect to see a much better Bell. Corona has impacted everything so who knows if we even have a season. However, I would’ve definitely drawn a conclusion on Bell after a second year in a system. I would’ve expected that 700 to turn into 1200 and another 500 or so in receiving yards.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-30-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    My favorite RB pick
    Okay....

But I wish whoever is telling our business to everybody please shut up. I don't want another "Willie Jackson" draft scenario where everybody and their mother knows who we are taking if given the chance.