Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: RB in the draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Indeed. And I guarantee they will draft a RB....guarantee. I don't want nothin' with Shady or Gore and glad we had no interest in Girly. Atl needs to have their heads examined.
    Not a huge stretch considering they have drafted a RB in 80% of the drafts in the last 10 yrs... they normally wait for later rounds except when they grabbed Spindenhall and Bell early.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Not a huge stretch considering they have drafted a RB in 80% of the drafts in the last 10 yrs... they normally wait for later rounds except when they grabbed Spindenhall and Bell early.
    Which is why those who are claiming drafting one is not needed are probably watching Hee Haw reruns while playing a kazoo.

Going back more than 10 years, Franco was a 1st rounder, as was Worley, Abercrombie and I believe they traded a 2 for Bettis.

Legend

User Info Menu

Which is why those who are claiming drafting one is not needed are probably watching Hee Haw reruns while playing a kazoo.

Going back more than 10 years, Franco was a 1st rounder, as was Worley, Abercrombie and I believe they traded a 2 for Bettis.
    I don’t think we’re saying it’s not needed; more so we have other things that take priority. But there isn’t one poster who could a say that if Akers ( for example) were drafted, that he wouldn’t be an improvement.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I don’t think we’re saying it’s not needed; more so we have other things that take priority. But there isn’t one poster who could a say that if Akers ( for example) were drafted, that he wouldn’t be an improvement.
    Understood. I just think the team knows it can't hold their breath with a Conner, Snell, Samuels unit. It wouldn't shock me if they went RB with 1st pick (second round) or 3rd. Maybe move up a few spots to get Dobbins?

Legend

User Info Menu

Understood. I just think the team knows it can't hold their breath with a Conner, Snell, Samuels unit. It wouldn't shock me if they went RB with 1st pick (second round) or 3rd. Maybe move up a few spots to get Dobbins?
    I like Akers in the 2nd or Moss in the 3rd...

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree we need another option at RB but would hate if that is our pick at #49. We also need ILB, OL and GT which have bigger talent drop offs as you go deeper into the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree we need another option at RB but would hate if that is our pick at #49. We also need ILB, OL and GT which have bigger talent drop offs as you go deeper into the draft.
    Agreed (I assume by "GT" you mean "DT"?).

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers and multiple teams have proved that a strong OL can make even an average RB look great.
    Hope the Steelers focus on the big uglies in this draft.

Starter

User Info Menu

The Steelers and multiple teams have proved that a strong OL can make even an average RB look great.
    I think they take 1 OLman, but you need SOME talent at RB to make it work. And depth. I like Snell, but is he an every down, legit NFL starter? I'm not sure. Samuels has some value, but he is not starter material, and Conners (who was being touted as better than Bell for a stretch) just can't and won't stay healthy. I think we will be adding Akers, Dobbins or Moss to the roster. (And I still like Dillon from Boston as a dark horse; big son of a gun with quick feet.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly....which is why RB are so expendable. The Gurly situation has reaffirmed that as well. What Melvin Gordon got will probably be the high end going forward. Zeke was lucky that JJ was as stupid as he was.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]