Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 118

Thread: RB in the draft

  1. #51
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I agree. I don't want to hate on Conner, but he is what he is. He is the weakest link now on offense, the entire offense, not just skill players. I think he and all our running backs are a bigger mystery going forward than our RT.

    I was actually thinking about that, a FA RB- Peyton? Gore? McCoy? Hyde? Cromwell? Billa? Not a whole lot to pick from besides Hyde, Peyton seemed servicable. Maybe a 1 year option and go in the 2021 draft for RB, the two running backs ( Clemson and Oklahoma?)
    Gore or McCoy? We already had the Duce Staley experiment (and a more successful D Will stint). Just too old. Give me youth. A rookie, Snell, Conners (part-time) and Samuels will do the trick. Akers, Moss or AJ Dillon. Gimme one of them there dudes.

  2. #52
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Give me youth. A rookie, Snell, Conners (part-time) and Samuels will do the trick. Akers, Moss or AJ Dillon. Gimme one of them there dudes.
    would probably have to take Akers in the 2nd, Moss in the 3rd or Dillon in the 4th...

  3. #53
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    would probably have to take Akers in the 2nd, Moss in the 3rd or Dillon in the 4th...
    Spot on. I'm excited about any of them.

  4. #54
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    That combo might give us what it did last season: 29th in rushing at 90 ypg. That is dog crap and we won't go anywhere with such ineptitude.
    If you apply that logic... they were 31 in pass offense, so it must be a bigger need. Starter was hurt there, too... AND has a history of injury.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2020 Draft
    2. Lloyd Cushenberry, G/C, LSU
    3. Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise
    4a. Jordan Elliott, NT, Missouri
    4b. Brandon Jones, S, Texas
    6. Evan Weaver, ILB, Cal
    7.
    Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette


  5. #55
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    If you apply that logic... they were 31 in pass offense, so it must be a bigger need. Starter was hurt there, too... AND has a history of injury.
    if we had a high first round pick I would definitely want us to draft a QB.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  6. #56
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    If you apply that logic... they were 31 in pass offense, so it must be a bigger need. Starter was hurt there, too... AND has a history of injury.
    So our s---t passing means we should be cool and do nothing about our s--t rushing? Hmmmmm, logic indeed.

  7. #57
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    So our s---t passing means we should be cool and do nothing about our s--t rushing? Hmmmmm, logic indeed.
    lmao.. yeah, that makes no sense at all.

    We already made moves to upgrade the run game and passing game by acquiring Weisnewski AND Ebron. We will continue to try and improve both in the draft.

    We are getting Ben back which is an upgrade in the passing game as well.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  8. #58
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    So our s---t passing means we should be cool and do nothing about our s--t rushing? Hmmmmm, logic indeed.
    so, our s--t rushing means we should be cool and do nothing about our s--t passing (which, in fact was worse?)

    again, it's YOUR logic we're discussing here... so, i'm ok with poking holes in it.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2020 Draft
    2. Lloyd Cushenberry, G/C, LSU
    3. Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise
    4a. Jordan Elliott, NT, Missouri
    4b. Brandon Jones, S, Texas
    6. Evan Weaver, ILB, Cal
    7.
    Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette


  9. #59
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    so, our s--t rushing means we should be cool and do nothing about our s--t passing (which, in fact was worse?)

    again, it's YOUR logic we're discussing here... so, i'm ok with poking holes in it.
    That's a straw man argument. Show where I downplayed a need to upgrade passing game. Oh, and we already did with replacing a 4th string practice player at QB with a future hall of famer and by getting our best WR, JuJu, back AND by adding Ebron.

    Ping, pong and bong.

  10. #60
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lmao.. yeah, that makes no sense at all.

    We already made moves to upgrade the run game and passing game by acquiring Weisnewski AND Ebron. We will continue to try and improve both in the draft.

    We are getting Ben back which is an upgrade in the passing game as well.
    Indeed. And I guarantee they will draft a RB....guarantee. I don't want nothin' with Shady or Gore and glad we had no interest in Girly. Atl needs to have their heads examined.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •