Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 118 of 118

Thread: RB in the draft

  1. #111
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We have enough bruisers in our backfield. We need someone who can avoid contact.

    Someone like Darrynton Evans

  2. #112
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Someone like Darrynton Evans
    Round 6, No. 198 overall: Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State

    arguably the most underrated running back in this year's draft, enjoyed a prolific 2019 season at Appalachian State, rushing for 1,480 yards and five touchdowns while also catching five touchdown passes. He would not only add depth to a Pittsburgh backfield that sorely needs it, but he could also -- down the line -- compete with Benny Snell to be the team's starting running back if the Steelers part with James Conner after his rookie contract expires next offseason.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rger-and-more/
    2020 Steelers Mock Draft:

    2.49 Cam Akers RB Fla St
    3.102 Davon Hamilton DT Ohio St
    4.124 Van Jefferson WR Florida
    4.135 Anfernee Jennings OLB Alabama
    6.198 Tanner Muse S/LB Clemson
    7.232 Colton McKivitz G/T W Virginia

  3. #113
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Round 6, No. 198 overall: Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State

    arguably the most underrated running back in this year's draft, enjoyed a prolific 2019 season at Appalachian State, rushing for 1,480 yards and five touchdowns while also catching five touchdown passes. He would not only add depth to a Pittsburgh backfield that sorely needs it, but he could also -- down the line -- compete with Benny Snell to be the team's starting running back if the Steelers part with James Conner after his rookie contract expires next offseason.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rger-and-more/
    if we can land a kid in the 6th that can push to start in year 2... im all for it.

  4. #114
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    if we can land a kid in the 6th that can push to start in year 2... im all for it.
    If we are mining for Gold like that, then Patrick Taylor of Memphis should also be on the radar as well.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  5. #115
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    2020 NFL Draft Scouting Report: A.J. Dillon

    https://walterfootball.com/scoutingr...20ajdillon.php
    According to one website Dillon's college stats and measurables most closely project to Steven Jackson in the NFL. J Taylor on the other hand projects to E. Elliott

  6. #116
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    According to one website Dillon's college stats and measurables most closely project to Steven Jackson in the NFL. J Taylor on the other hand projects to E. Elliott
    I'd take a Steven Jackson in a heartbeat.

  7. #117
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    According to one website Dillon's college stats and measurables most closely project to Steven Jackson in the NFL. J Taylor on the other hand projects to E. Elliott
    a Steven Jackson type could really make us potent in the red zone.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  8. #118
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    2020 Steelers Mock Draft:

    2.49 Cam Akers RB Fla St
    3.102 Davon Hamilton DT Ohio St
    4.124 Van Jefferson WR Florida
    4.135 Anfernee Jennings OLB Alabama
    6.198 Tanner Muse S/LB Clemson
    7.232 Colton McKivitz G/T W Virginia

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •