Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What If??

Backup

User Info Menu

What If??

Given the ongoing dire predictions concerning Corona 19 and whether there will really be an NFL season, what happens to veteran and rookie contracts going forward. If I was an owner I would honor those under contract , but would be hesitant and take a wait an see with the draft choices possibly at risk of losing them or having them go back into the 2021 draft.
    Just sitting at home going crazy and my mind is wandering. What say you?/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    Given the ongoing dire predictions concerning Corona 19 and whether there will really be an NFL season, what happens to veteran and rookie contracts going forward. If I was an owner I would honor those under contract , but would be hesitant and take a wait an see with the draft choices possibly at risk of losing them or having them go back into the 2021 draft.
    Just sitting at home going crazy and my mind is wandering. What say you?/
    I'd say this is a moot point.

Because we're playing in 2020.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude if Corona lasts till then, 6 Months away, I think we will all have bigger concerns than money. Corona is only a month or so and it has infected so many already just imagine in 6 months. IT MIGHT BE THE COLLAPSE OF EVERYTHING WE KNOW...

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Dude if Corona lasts till then, 6 Months away, I think we will all have bigger concerns than money. Corona is only a month or so and it has infected so many already just imagine in 6 months. IT MIGHT BE THE COLLAPSE OF EVERYTHING WE KNOW...
    Plenty of people have survived the virus. They are not telling you about that end of the story. I heard yesterday that at least 92,000 have had it and are over it. Pull it up on CNN.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-22-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would not honor those contracts.
    I would possibly consider a small payment to allow for basic necessities to live for the lowest paid ones.
    You can't expect the owners to fork over 200 million with no source of income to offset that.
    Players don't need 5-30 million to buy groceries.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Where’s my panic emoji?

I’m not a doctor but my gut, based on what I’ve read, is this could be a seasonal virus. China is already seeing a downturn in cases. Who knows though and a vaccine is still several months away.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Where’s my panic emoji?

I’m not a doctor but my gut, based on what I’ve read, is this could be a seasonal virus. China is already seeing a downturn in cases. Who knows though and a vaccine is still several months away.
    I think ours will last much longer. Lots infected but over a longer period of time.
    I can see no football this year really.
    Maybe a shortened season.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Plenty of people have survived the virus. They are not telling you about that end of the story. I heard yesterday that at least 92,000 have had it and are over it. Pull it up on CNN.
    Fearmongering and negativity get attention

I guess that explains some posters here

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yep. We can, as a people, survive the coronavirus disease. However, our economy may have a hard time surviving all the shutdowns due to the coronavirus. We're headed for recession.
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-22-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    2024 Mock Draft 3.0

Trade back for an extra 2nd round pick
    1) Graham Barton, C/OT, Duke
    2a) Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    2b) Luke Ohorhorro, DL, Clemson
    3) Kiran Amegadje, OT, Yale
    4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yep. We can, as a people, survive the coronavirus disease. However, our economy may have a hard time surviving all the shutdowns due to the coronavirus. We're headed for recession.
    It’ll be short recession, not like 2008. It will recover nicely by the end of the year.