Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What If??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I think ours will last much longer. Lots infected but over a longer period of time.
    I can see no football this year really.
    Maybe a shortened season.
    that is intentional.
    part of the reason for social distancing is NOT to eliminate it, but rather to make it so the number of people who DO get it don't exceed the capacity of the doctors, etc who treat... it also possibly gives time for them to learn more about the virus.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Lloyd Cushenberry, G/C, LSU
    3. Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise
    4a. Jordan Elliott, NT, Missouri
    4b. Brandon Jones, S, Texas
    6. Evan Weaver, ILB, Cal
    Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    that is intentional.
    part of the reason for social distancing is NOT to eliminate it, but rather to make it so the number of people who DO get it don't exceed the capacity of the doctors, etc who treat... it also possibly gives time for them to learn more about the virus.
    This. The disease is going to go around. They know that. They're trying to slow the spread so the health care system is not overwhelmed. We'll see if they can be successful with that.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The NFL has to be talking about what to do.

Could they possibly play in empty stadiums and make sure everyone has access to Sunday ticket? Would be weird not hearing crowd noise.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    The NFL has to be talking about what to do.

Could they possibly play in empty stadiums and make sure everyone has access to Sunday ticket? Would be weird not hearing crowd noise.
    I think the NFL thinks things will be settled down by August. Their going to let it play out a while longer. If things don't get better by late June, then I think they'll seriously consider options.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.