Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Vannett is a bronco

  1. #31
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    It's not out of the question; it happens on Judge Judy from time to time.

    Hey, did you read where Vannett kind of talked trash on the Steelers? I was surprised to hear that; he basically said they were a hot mess.
    we were a hot mess on offense last year.

    Maybe I missed the sarcasm in your post.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  2. #32
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    In the last 10 yrs, eight Steeler 5th rd draft picks didn't make it to a second contract. It's just not that unusual for non-success in later rds.
    That's not the point.
    Besides, over the years, after every selection, fans on here declare all those picks, studs, depth, pro bowl etc etc.
    So according to their logic, that 5th round pick is huge.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  3. #33
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    That's not the point.
    Besides, over the years, after every selection, fans on here declare all those picks, studs, depth, pro bowl etc etc.
    So according to their logic, that 5th round pick is huge.
    just as many people hated last year's Zach Gentry pick as liked it, so that pretty much defeats your point.

  4. #34
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we were a hot mess on offense last year.

    Maybe I missed the sarcasm in your post.
    Yea, my God, the O was the definition of a "hot mess" down the stretch. We were honestly down to dudes I never heard of. 4th string QB, Whyte?

  5. #35
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    just as many people hated last year's Zach Gentry pick as liked it, so that pretty much defeats your point.
    Defeats it?
    Not even close, but nice try.
    The real fans loved it.
    Like every pick.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  6. #36
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Defeats it?
    Not even close, but nice try.
    The real fans loved it.
    Like every pick.
    not true, in fact most people disliked the pick a lot.

    I would say nice try on your part, but it actually wasn't.

  7. #37
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    just as many people hated last year's Zach Gentry pick as liked it, so that pretty much defeats your point.
    he’s a one trick donkey.

    all fans... every fan.. blah blah blah.

    dude just creates thread after thread to bash Steeler fans over and over again

    A Steeler fan must have stole his girl in HS.

    However, his buddy Steel Maniac loves Gentry’s “speed down the seam”

    cant make this stuff up.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  8. #38
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    he’s a one trick donkey.

    all fans... every fan.. blah blah blah.

    dude just creates thread after thread to bash Steeler fans over and over again

    A Steeler fan must have stole his girl in HS.

    However, his buddy Steel Maniac loves Gentry’s “speed down the seam”

    cant make this stuff up.
    ...and he keeps creating anti-Steeler posts because you guys keep paying attention to him and responding. He is a "TROLL" and he just wants to disrupt and get responses.

    He will always find something wrong with the team and its fans so ignore him and don't respond

  9. #39
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I agree to a point.
    There were FA that could have been had for free(no picks)
    I know and agree, but they decided to place a small gamble on Vannett, they valued him above the free agents, and it didn't pay off. The cost of the gamble was a fifth. The price of the loss is not enough to get overly upset about. There are much bigger fish to fry.

  10. #40
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I know and agree, but they decided to place a small gamble on Vannett, they valued him above the free agents, and it didn't pay off. The cost of the gamble was a fifth. The price of the loss is not enough to get overly upset about. There are much bigger fish to fry.
    I sure wish we had that 5th round pick now.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •