Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vannett is a bronco

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Vannett is a bronco

Seems like they have quite a few.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not really a surprise after signing Ebron. Dude was a good blocking TE, which Ebron really isn't, but he couldn't hold a candle to Ebron as a receiver.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Seems weird that you wouldn't sign Heath 2.0, better than or equal to Jesse, etc etc etc .
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

One thing to think about Vannette, He seemed like a good player, who I thought was poised to stick with us just because of his "blocking skills".

After the season end, when the coaching staff and other steeler media were blaming the skill position players with our failure of blocking, was he a key to that?

I don't Ebron or McD is a better blocker though... just saying.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...with-steelers/

He wasn’t too happy with us....
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I read that when it was posted yesterday... interesting perspective

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I doubt any receiver or te who would have been brought in a year ago would have enjoyed jumping into that offense. Or lack of offense. He moved on n so did we. And yeah we gave up that 5 but we'll likely pick up a comp pick in 21 so almost a push.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh well.
    It was a bad move on our part.
    Seems like it worked out for him tho, ultimately.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone who played for us and relied on the QB for their production shouldn’t be happy with last year.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

last year was a dumpster fire with the QB. I'm sure his experience here was crappy, thus he moved on. I have no idea if he would have been a good long-term fit - and no one else does either, vannett included. His time here was an afterthought and 10 years from now he'll be an obscure steelers trivia question.

I have spoken.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!